• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhosClunk

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT
11th Gen Honda Civic Official 2022 Civic Sedan Teaser! Concept Reveal Coming Nov 17! 6291DC26-1E17-4ECE-B1AF-6C5DE60F84C7

I didn’t expect them to reveal it off twitch, looks like they’re trying to appeal to the younger crowd. I wonder what the average age is here on CivicX. Apparently there’s going to be rapper Cordae and a few twitch streamers lol. This is probably going to be one of the biggest reveals ever.
Sponsored

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Also worth noting maybe... it has been exactly 5 years to the day when they did the online reveal of the 10th Gen civic coupe (it popped up in some of my facebook memories this morning).

The civic has one of the lowest average age stats of buyers among the car industry (at least from the last time I checked). To put into perspective... the average age buyer of a new civic is around 33-35 I believe... in contrast... the scion brand which was specifically marketed to younger buyers had an average age buyer in their mid 50s.... Honda, and the civic specifically, grabs younger buyers without even trying. Pandering to young buyers doesn't really net young buyers.... building a car of quality at an attainable price point with desirable features and styling is what nets them.

There's been countless marketing studies over the years trying to nail down what attracts millenial age and gen z buyers and the results have been... all over the place.

As someone that works in marketing, and who is also smack dab in the middle of the millenial age range, the current 21-37 crowd grew up in the internet era... unlike older generations, we aren't as easily swayed or fooled by catchy marketing cliches. We also are masters of google and doing our own research, rather than letting companies just tell us what they offer. So the things that younger people tend to latch onto... that become trendy.... are random, eclectic even, and almost impossible to predict through marketing research. This especially applies to large ticket items like cars, appliances, homes/apartments, etc.

What I'm saying is.... keep the civic true to its roots. Quality. Affordable. Tech forward. Top of the compact class. And don't try too hard to pander as that'll turn more young people away than attract them. If they start to think you're pushing too hard they start to get suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.