• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Spotted by a user in Japan. Looks to have a different front and rear end with also a different window trim as you can see being covered. Looks interesting and I like how they are making the hybrid have the same diffuser as the Sport Touring model.

It also was spotted alongside the Honda Insight which is speculated to be discontinued to make way for the Hybrid Civic model. It should get the same powertrain as the Insight.

11th Gen Honda Civic Hybrid Civic Hatchback Spotted! 2023 Hybrid Civic Hatchback Japan

11th Gen Honda Civic Hybrid Civic Hatchback Spotted! 2023 Hybrid Civic Hatchback Japan rear
Sponsored

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Looks the same as the regular hatch but get ready for chrome galore; the standard Honda hybrid treatment. "Witness me! Shiny and chrome!"

Let's hope it gets the CRV hybrid powertrain (212 hp!) instead of the Insight (151 hp).

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Looks the same as the regular hatch but get ready for chrome galore; the standard Honda hybrid treatment. "Witness me! Shiny and chrome!"

Let's hope it gets the CRV hybrid powertrain (212 hp!) instead of the Insight (151 hp).
If it gets the CR-V powertrain, I could imagine it eating into Si and Integra sales

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Aren't all hybrids kinda sucky unless it's a Prius? Cold weather always brings lower mpg right?
KIA Niro isn’t horrible. I hate the DCT in it. Feels like a sloppy CVT and makes it really tough to smoothly accelerate, but the car is overall pretty comfy and decently spirited in sport mode with solid MPG. I rented one and drove it exclusively inner city traffic and barely had to put any gas in it when I dropped it off. I wouldn’t daily one, but I wouldn’t advise anyone against it either.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
KIA Niro isn’t horrible. I hate the DCT in it. Feels like a sloppy CVT and makes it really tough to smoothly accelerate, but the car is overall pretty comfy and decently spirited in sport mode with solid MPG. I rented one and drove it exclusively inner city traffic and barely had to put any gas in it when I dropped it off. I wouldn’t daily one, but I wouldn’t advise anyone against it either.
That's the thing they're a compromise car..I've read they get 30%-40% less mpg when the temperature drops. MPG goes from 45 down to 30 just like a regular compact.

hondacm450e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 1.5L Turbo Touring
I mean 30 in the cold is better then a gas engine with the heat on gets lol. These gas cars can drop to like 19 mpg in the cold.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I mean 30 in the cold is better then a gas engine with the heat on gets lol. These gas cars can drop to like 19 mpg in the cold.
I never noticed my Civic hatch or Si getting crappy mpg in the winter. Maybe if your commute is really short, mine isn't.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
My mileage usually drops a couple mpg in the winter... either due to the bad roads making it harder for the car to roll, or because I use my remote start when it's really cold.

alic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Insight is already discontinued in Canada. I test sat in it (my friend test drove it). I really do hope they either improve the drivetrain for hybrid Civic or use something not from Insight. Even during moderate acceleration something under the hood makes an annoying and unbearable high pitch noise, almost like someone screaming or nail scratching a blackboard. It's like the opposite of the 1.5T Civic, where the Civic makes a low pitched growl/droning noise during acceleration.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
My mileage usually drops a couple mpg in the winter... either due to the bad roads making it harder for the car to roll, or because I use my remote start when it's really cold.
Same. For me it’s likely the winter tires and supposedly there are anti-freezing additives in our fuel (in Canada at least) we don’t get in the summer that also has an impact.

Source was a licensed Honda/Acura tech that spends his spare time on Honda-tech so he “should” know. I’m mostly sure he wasn’t messing with me lol.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Yes, MPG's suck in the winter. Crappy winter blend fuel + running in open loop (rich) longer to get the car up to temperature. Just another reason winter sucks.
Sponsored