• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Don’t Pay Markups

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
nearly 1300 dollar payment with 20k down.... yeh fck that for a car. Thats not even including the insurance and taxes.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
My dealer confirmed they've landed on $15k markup and they have 3 deposits. Good on them, but I'll gladly pass on that. My goal is to get into a cheaper car, so I'm likely going to go with M2 unless I get lucky and find a reasonable markup soon.
a new m2 won't be less than a ctr with a $15k bump. you'll be buying a used m2 and still possibly more lol

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Y'all rich.

Especially Boost.

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
M2 is basically double the cost of a R.
With $15k markup, the R will be around $55-57k. Base M2 will be somewhere around $63k. Me personally, I'm willing to spend $10k-15k more for a much more superior car since I don't technically need the space. I know I'm an outlier, but my entire goal of getting into an R was to find a cheaper daily that is more reliable with the added benefit of practicality. Only so much I'm willing to pay for a 4-banger FWD that lacks the build quality. I'm still holding hope I'll find a dealer willing to accept a deposit for max $5k over MSRP, but the ones taking deposits are asking for at least $10k over. All the others won't take any deposits until they have an allocation.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Seems most dealer are looking to add a 10-15K markup.

So lets says the MSRP is 40, now your looking at 50-55K. I feel at that price there are lots of more cars to choose from.
What else is available in that range, that you’d consider?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
With $15k markup, the R will be around $55-57k. Base M2 will be somewhere around $63k. Me personally, I'm willing to spend $10k-15k more for a much more superior car since I don't technically need the space. I know I'm an outlier, but my entire goal of getting into an R was to find a cheaper daily that is more reliable with the added benefit of practicality. Only so much I'm willing to pay for a 4-banger FWD that lacks the build quality. I'm still holding hope I'll find a dealer willing to accept a deposit for max $5k over MSRP, but the ones taking deposits are asking for at least $10k over. All the others won't take any deposits until they have an allocation.

The base is bare bones, add options and any mark up and you are sure to easily hit $70k. Id venture the build of the new civics (along with reliability) is actually better than bmw….maybe not as posh, but better.

Oh and is the M2 like 3,800 pds?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Coupes always hot the first year but drop off fast. 2 seaters are mostly weekend toys.

My kids are basically grown and we have 2 larger cars so I've considered dropping to a 2 seater for a daily to have a smaller car.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Thats what vettes and porsches are for.
Vettes are for Vets.

Would Iove to know a percentage of ownership of the current generation Vette buyers and previous. I bet it's high.
Sponsored