• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Just realized M2 has manual. manual + rwd + eLSD I'm assuming, that'd be one hell of a fun car to drive. Especially since BMW is known for best in class handling and feel. You can never go wrong with that, as long as you have the money to maintain it.

I think M2 is one of the better looking cars in their line up.
Sponsored

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
A car can be fast around a track due to power and wide ass tires but you cant beat physics. Anything above 3500 start really feeling that weight. Id rather have something like a gr86 vs a new m2.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
A car can be fast around a track due to power and wide ass tires but you cant beat physics. Anything above 3500 start really feeling that weight. Id rather have something like a gr86 vs a new m2.
While I 100% agree with u on the weight aspect and feel. The flip side of what u get inside the M2 (carbon roof and all) that also makes the m2 a better buy for me. This is a weekend, enjoyment car for me. Driving a GR86 as my twice a week enjoyment car would make me cry.

I want both inside, out and drive to feel great. So the M2 > GR86 for my use case and needs.

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
While I 100% agree with u on the weight aspect and feel. The flip side of what u get inside the M2 (carbon roof and all) that also makes the m2 a better buy for me. This is a weekend, enjoyment car for me. Driving a GR86 as my twice a week enjoyment car would make me cry.

I want both inside, out and drive to feel great. So the M2 > GR86 for my use case and needs.
New Supra? (Manual available as well, B58 engine, etc.)

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
New Supra? (Manual available as well, B58 engine, etc.)
S58 > B58 (not even close in comparison). But mainly, I need 4 seats haha. Telling my wife I got a 2 door was already a struggle, made the deposit without even telling her until after haha.

Last edited:

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
You can't go wrong with an M2, that could be a collectors piece in the future. Can't even compare gr86 to it, that's not even a sports car. And supra is just a BMW anyway :p

Carmeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Acura Rdx A-Spec/Adv
Don't think its a huge deal. I'm on the N subreddit and have yet to see an issue.
Not a huge issue, but you’ll still have to take your DCT EN to a dealer anyway. No remedy yet either, so if it fails inspection and is deemed a risk, you may be asked to leave your car on the lot until Hyundai drops the solution. Just something to consider…

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
My 2023 Toyota Supra is here and I should be picking it up next week.
I'll probably keep the car unless I can get a white FL5 allocation =).
Congrats! Which trans did you choose?

Carmeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can't go wrong with an M2, that could be a collectors piece in the future. Can't even compare gr86 to it, that's not even a sports car. And supra is just a BMW anyway :p
I honestly would still get a Supra over an M2. I just really like the way it looks! If realistically, they’re both beamers, why not get the better looking one? ;)

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I honestly would still get a Supra over an M2. I just really like the way it looks! If realistically, they’re both beamers, why not get the better looking one? ;)
The new engine in the new M2 alone is reason not to get the Supra IMO. The performance would be night and day, let alone the tuning potential and possibilities.

Carmeezy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The new engine in the new M2 alone is reason not to get the Supra IMO. The performance would be night and day, let alone the tuning potential and possibilities.
Very true, and the M2 has a significantly nicer interior space. I guess what it really comes down to is if you’re willing to drop the extra 10ish grand for fully loaded versions. More money, but definitely more car.

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
These guys explain why a heavy weight car is not suitable for the ring taxi

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
One of those things that's neat but how applicable is this in the real world for the mass majority?

Who here's even ever been on a course the size, length and speeds like the ring.
Sponsored