• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Anyone heard anything about Hondata for FL5?
I'm sure once they get a test vehicle it won't be long since it's the same engine as last gen

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
I'm sure once they get a test vehicle it won't be long since it's the same engine as last gen
Probably a new firmware version though. Might take some time to crack, although I hope not.

I'd appreciate anyone who has their car to report on the size of the speakers in the FL5. One article I read says 3.25" in the back, Crutchfield says 6.5". Anything aftermarket is better than anything stock as far as speakers go. They're thin pieces of fabric compared to real speakers. I'm not a 2000W sub guy, but I need some quality audio.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Probably a new firmware version though. Might take some time to crack, although I hope not.

I'd appreciate anyone who has their car to report on the size of the speakers in the FL5. One article I read says 3.25" in the back, Crutchfield says 6.5". Anything aftermarket is better than anything stock as far as speakers go. They're thin pieces of fabric compared to real speakers. I'm not a 2000W sub guy, but I need some quality audio.
The FL5 and FL1 Sport Touring use the exact same system, so you can use that as your template for Crutchfield

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
The FL5 and FL1 Sport Touring use the exact same system, so you can use that as your template for Crutchfield
https://www.crutchfield.ca/g_400/All-Car-Speakers.html?tp=73199&l=7

https://[Banned Site - For Spamming...-sedan-bose-premium-sound-system-details.249/

https://www.wapcar.my/news/a-closer...er-setup-in-the-allnew-2022-honda-civic-29635

So Crutchfield only has '2023 Civic Hatchback' and recommended a 6 3/4". However the reviews for the other 2022 bose systems say 5 1/2". The article also says there are two 3 1/2" twiddlers in the rear deck where Crutchfield doesn't even mention them.

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Can any new FL5 owners confirm that there are 3.5" speakers in the C pillar, or that the speakers in the rear doors are 5 1/4"?

Kuhal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 MX-5, '96 Honda Acty, '23 CT4-V Blackwing
Definitely all weather floor mats, though I thank god I don't really need to winterize my vehicle in the southeast. Even in the rare event it snows you DO NOT want to be on the GA roads in ANY vehicle except a Mad Max bus to fight in the snow wars.

Likely custom lights, uncertain what to go with at the moment. I have to think on it. But Ilike the look of a few different bluetooth customizable ones.

The one that makes some people very angry: I'll likely be putting an Itasha wrap on it -- ceramic coat it in meantime. I don't know if I'll match the wife's MX-5 or if I'll go a different direction. We'll see, but it'll prob be in first couple months depending on how long it takes her to do design it.

crash___

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, CW FL5
Definitely all weather floor mats, though I thank god I don't really need to winterize my vehicle in the southeast. Even in the rare event it snows you DO NOT want to be on the GA roads in ANY vehicle except a Mad Max bus to fight in the snow wars.

Likely custom lights, uncertain what to go with at the moment. I have to think on it. But Ilike the look of a few different bluetooth customizable ones.

The one that makes some people very angry: I'll likely be putting an Itasha wrap on it -- ceramic coat it in meantime. I don't know if I'll match the wife's MX-5 or if I'll go a different direction. We'll see, but it'll prob be in first couple months depending on how long it takes her to do design it.
i want an itasha as well! haha

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
The Red carpet is gorgeous but sadly will get ruined with a year's worth of use. First order should be TuxMats, 2022+ Hatch ones are compatible. For Seats, Dream Automotive over in the UK has always offered these seat covers for the Type R, that until now were super expensive to bring over due to expensive shipping and duties. I flew to UK a few months ago and am now an authorized dealer for them in NA so I do have these in stock now without the hassle of duties and expensive shipping :)

Tuxmats can be purchased direct, or via my site:
https://unity-performance.com/products/tuxmat-interior-mats-2022-civic-sedan-hatch

Dream Seat Covers:
https://unity-performance.com/products/dream-automotive-front-seat-covers-2017-21-civic-si-type-r

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
I know a lot of people love the red leather wrapped shift knob, I found the one on Amazon here for 40 bucks: ApplianPar Leather Shift Knob for Honda Civic Type R https://a.co/d/81oNbKm

Just got it delivered to my house today and I have to say I'm impressed with it! Feels very nice and it looks exactly like the OEM one. The reviews on it are hit or miss, but I'd recommend anyone to grab it and see if you like it. Could save an easy 200 bucks. Took some photos to display it right out of the package, can't wait to put it on my car!

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20221120_195734

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20221120_200123

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods 20221120_200125
Sponsored