• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTRPR

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 M3CS 4Runner
These cars are so good. They are so fun on curvy roads. The manual feels mechanical, unlike BMWs gooey plastic box. It grips for days and the seats are incredible. This is my first good run after the 600 mile break in. Enjoy!

Edit:
I had some footage driving my M3 CS on the same road and made a side by side comparison with the FL5. Spoiler alert: the R inspires more confidence so I was driving it faster.

Sponsored

Last edited:

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Yep, super fun on the street. Glad youā€™re fully enjoying the R.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Geez, where is this road? I'm guessing either Kentucky hills region or rural Virginia. I wish we had roads like this in Michigan. M-22 up north is similar but lacks the bobs and weaves that this road has.

OP
OP
CTRPR

CTRPR

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 M3CS 4Runner
Geez, where is this road? I'm guessing either Kentucky hills region or rural Virginia. I wish we had roads like this in Michigan. M-22 up north is similar but lacks the bobs and weaves that this road has.
Its in MO.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
Its in MO.
Where in MO?! As soon as I saw the photo I thought man, that actually looks familiar.

Iā€™m in Pacific near 6 flags (sort of close to St Louis - 45 min.) & have a deposit down on the Type S.

Edit: Youā€™re close to me. I saw that Frisella Farms signs. šŸ˜„ I used to manage some stores & work for Andy at S2 & 1st Phorm. But we had a falling out. Thereā€™s so many good back roads in our surrounding counties (usually without police). Hopefully Iā€™ll catch ya at some events & car shows!

Last edited:

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Dang. I hope to do this very soon. Looks like a great time!

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Really enjoyed watching this. as you had a long enough stretch to have some fun on. Apparently MO has some great roads.
Nice pace, and well controlled. Clearly you know this road and were never caught out.
The car sounds buttery smooth on the video, not one shift or rev match less than perfect.
Thank you.

OP
OP
CTRPR

CTRPR

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 M3CS 4Runner
Where in MO?! As soon as I saw the photo I thought man, that actually looks familiar.

Iā€™m in Pacific near 6 flags (sort of close to St Louis - 45 min.) & have a deposit down on the Type S.

Edit: Youā€™re close to me. I saw that Frisella Farms signs. šŸ˜„ I used to manage some stores & work for Andy at S2 & 1st Phorm. But we had a falling out. Thereā€™s so many good back roads in our surrounding counties (usually without police). Hopefully Iā€™ll catch ya at some events & car shows!
Yeah man the back roads there are sooo good. I try to attend as much Cars and coffee I can in the area. There is a big Type R group here. Everyone is super chill and nice in the group. You can Join us any time with the Type S. Not everyone in the groups rides an R. We have some supras, S2K, and BMW.

Here is a picture of one of the recent Cars and coffee.

11th Gen Honda Civic FL5 Spirited Drive POV 1D0A48A5-8025-42F3-B749-D1EAC137E77E

Last edited:
OP
OP
CTRPR

CTRPR

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
FL5 M3CS 4Runner
Really enjoyed watching this. as you had a long enough stretch to have some fun on. Apparently MO has some great roads.
Nice pace, and well controlled. Clearly you know this road and were never caught out.
The car sounds buttery smooth on the video, not one shift or rev match less than perfect.
Thank you.
Thank you.
Thanks! These roads are super fun indeed.

Bpebler

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ram, 20 Durango, 00 Cherokee, 99 Trans Am
Yeah man the back roads there are sooo good. I try to attend as much Cars and coffee I can in the area. There is a big Type R group here. Everyone is super chill and nice in the group. You can Join us any time with the Type S. Not everyone in the groups rides an R. We have some supras, S2K, and BMW.

Here is a picture of one of the recent Cars and coffee.

1D0A48A5-8025-42F3-B749-D1EAC137E77E.jpeg
I will absolutely take you up on that and look forward to attending! Thanks a ton for the heads up man!
Sponsored