• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 owner's poll

ADS Module... too Firm?

• Total voters

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Regarding the stock suspension and ADS module, where do you land?

— It's supposed to be firm. That's why I bought a Type R, and I wouldn't change a thing. Honda knows what they're doing.

— I wish it came stock with the Type S ADS module, or some other suspension tuning that was more compliant and less bouncy over bumps.
Sponsored

DragonRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR, n bikes
Where is: 3) I like the type R just fine, but got a type S module for street use. Type R for track, I mean, you're swapping tires, what is 10 min to swap the module?

atucker80

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Civic Type R, 2022 Mustang GT CS
Or option 4 just "its fine". No intention of changing and will almost certainly never be on a track. If it wasn't for all the talk about stiffness here and everywhere else I probably wouldn't have ever even thought about changing it out.

Nothing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW FL5 #5044
+R is fine for me even on street. Comfort is the softest id want it.

Curious if people expecting DE5 or softer are coming from Lexus/Audi/BMW comparisons?

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R and many more...
I'm good with how the FL5 comes out of the box from the factory. It's a rare breed, imo.

"Type R" stands for "Racing" so it's natural to expect its hardcore nature and suspension feel.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I have zero issues with the FL5 suspension. I rarely use +R suspension. It's either in Comfort or Sport and it works for me. I have zero need or use for the DE5 ADS module.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
I now have an FL5 ADS for my DE5

OP
OP

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or option 4 just "its fine". No intention of changing and will almost certainly never be on a track. If it wasn't for all the talk about stiffness here and everywhere else I probably wouldn't have ever even thought about changing it out.
That would be option 1.

OP
OP

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's misleading to label it as a track car. Definitely "track-able", but not a track car in the sense of true dedicated track vehicles.
I didn't do that. The moderators here added that. If you read my intiital post, I put it this way...

— It's supposed to be firm. That's why I bought a Type R, and I wouldn't change a thing. Honda knows what they're doing.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I think it's misleading to label it as a track car. Definitely "track-able", but not a track car in the sense of true dedicated track vehicles.
Agree. Definitely not a track car. It's a misnomer for sure but people are running with it.
Sponsored