• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
I'll just track the difference; usually 1/2 to 1 gallon difference...no biggie
From a consumer protection viewpoint, that's a huge issue. As that would be like the gas station is skimming $5 off every tank of fuel sold. The difference is more in the amount over the metered amount dispensed varies by station to station but they're not pumping out less than the readout if they want to maintain certification.
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Even if you could get every last drop out, I would not recommend this. It's not good for a fuel pump.
I normally get gas not long after light comes on, so there is no way the tank is that low. Either issues with the pump or the pump is skimming...

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
I'm one of those that thinks the pumps are never accurate...like can't get 100% of water from one cup to another...there's always residual water stuck to side of cup due to surface tension. So even thought the pump shows 11.8 gallons, maybe only 11.4 or less actually made it into the tank...maybe?
After having been around for a very long time your response is hilarious!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
That's a bit paranoid lol. Can probably go at least 40 miles even after the light comes on...
not nervous to run out - more that its just there and will need to deal with it - maybe nervous is the wrong word - maybe lingering. Kind of like “shit im going to have take the trash out tomorrow- i may as well do it now”. + it feels good to see a full tank 😁

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I do get gas sometimes before the gas light comes on, and that's usually when I leave work (Fremont, CA) and the gas is cheaper near work. Filling up when I get home (San Francisco, CA) will usually be $0.50 or $0.70 more to fill up per gallon. so sometimes, I try to save a few bucks...

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Being that I live 12-15 miles from the nearest gas station, I usually don't like to let it get too low. Usually.
I have pulled into get gas with my remaining mileage indicator on almost 0.
My calculation is that you have about one to one-and-a-half gallons left when it shows you have no more range. Or about an extra 40 miles. Honda knows we like to push it sometimes, and wants to make sure we have plenty of warning. I do appreciate the low fuel reminder.

Loulerg

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R BB #5515
Hello Everyone! Just joined the FL5 club this past Friday. So far the car has been amazing, rides well, surprised since almost every reviewer really complains about the ride quality of the car even in comfort but I find it pretty good, wife also agrees and she’s always hated my past sport car so that’s a plus. So far the only annoying thing has been with Apple CarPlay, it tends to freeze or go haywire, especially when using Waze, aside from that it’s been an amazing experience, the biggest wow factor has definitely been the amount of grip this car has, it’s crazy, the car is on literal rails. Can’t wait to put more miles on the thing.

11th Gen Honda Civic 🤩 FL5 Type R Owner Review First Impressions! (after 270ish miles and counting) 1683076085602

Last edited:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Looks great in that blue. Yeah, grip is insane on these cars. Almost impossible to break traction on a turn unless there is a ton of oil or loose sand on the road - the only time I had it slip.
Or you can do a Scandinavian flick to force it to slide / rotate a touch more. Careful on that one...
Sponsored