• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
This is a great point but I will share something here... keep in mind this is an unmodified FL5 vs where it is today.

If you modify the car with the stock turbo, such as using our TSP Stage 1 Tune for the FL5, there is a large spike of low end / mid range torque available. However, we much prefer the extra horsepower up top.

1687986341639.png

This chart shows a basic bolt on car (downpipe, exhaust, drop in air filter) with the factory tune vs our TSP Stage 1 Tune.
Can you share the boost curve for these charts? It will be helpful to see that data plotted against the power charts you provided.
Sponsored

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
I'm guessing that the power tapers off up top because you've run out fuel capacity?

tezzasaurusrex

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: K20Z1 EK Civic, Golf R Mk7.5, B8 RS4
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for doing what you guys do and sharing it with the rest of us. Its very valuable data and very significant gains.

How do you guys find the vehicle's heat management at this power level? I imagine the ethanol blend helps some. Are you guys ever running straight 91/93 non-ethanol to test?

Additionally, it appears the rpm limit has been raised by around 600rpm however you've got no mods on the valvetrain. It seems to be well known that the K20C1 valves start to float at around 7300 (and made worse when running higher boost) which it seems you're exceeding there on the dyno sheet. I would say there may be gains to be had and not to mention greater safety with upgraded valve springs/retainers (perhaps with some frictional losses lower in the rpm range).

Last edited:

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Well I know a battery and two race ready radiators dont make hp you listed two radiators but you managed to use the fk8 spring application to the fl5 it works huh?

Vito.FL5

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 1997 civic Vti EK4, 1999 sedan
Is that on a stock valvetrain? No headwork?

Impressive numbers and great powerband, how is the transient response on this turbo?

We tried a P700 on a not so modded FL5 and I felt like throwing the turbo out the window.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Very impressive thanks for sharing .

Is it the turbo that runs out past 6500 , or the valvetrain?

Also random but, what kinda oil are you running with this setup? Assume not 0w20 ;)

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well I know a battery and two race ready radiators dont make hp you listed two radiators but you managed to use the fk8 spring application to the fl5 it works huh?
The FK8 springs "work" but now that proper FL5 springs are available I would not recommend using FK8 springs, they are slightly different.

Is that on a stock valvetrain? No headwork?

Impressive numbers and great powerband, how is the transient response on this turbo?

We tried a P700 on a not so modded FL5 and I felt like throwing the turbo out the window.
The R660 turbo responds very well in consideration of what it gives you up top.

We did experiment with 4Piston TR2 camshafts and found no measurable increase of performance after lot of effort optimizing the tune for them. My best theory is that with a larger turbo if you want to see gains with cams you need to also port the head. We have not tested porting the head on this car.

Very impressive thanks for sharing .

Is it the turbo that runs out past 6500 , or the valvetrain?

Also random but, what kinda oil are you running with this setup? Assume not 0w20 ;)
I think we are at a point now where the head is choking us a bit up top. A ported head should help but that isn't anything we plan on getting into anytime soon.

Did I miss the videos?
Are there any particular videos you'd like to see? That's not something we spend much time on but we could always record more going forward.

Lastly, here is the latest power output:

11th Gen Honda Civic TSP FL5 - 502whp and counting [2023 Honda Civic Type R Tuned & Modified] 1696000295478

The biggest help getting here from where we were has been the XDI high pressure fuel pump.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Well half of the stuff u listed has nothing to do with performance such as interior mods exteroir mods,,,,and still looks like in parts and labor easy over 10 grand.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well half of the stuff u listed has nothing to do with performance such as interior mods exteroir mods,,,,and still looks like in parts and labor easy over 10 grand.
:dunno:

Obviously a center console cover doesn't add horsepower but many people are interested in the full build and not just what makes it go faster. Most of what we do is proof of concept, testing parts, etc. There are some owners that are excited to replicate what we have done and we are happy to help them get there. Most will pick out a few mods and find they are happy somewhere between stock and our build. Each FL5 owner will of course decide for themselves how far they want to take it and there is of course nothing wrong with that.

Jester04

CivicX Basic Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R, 2006 s2000, 2022 Ram TRX, 2005 srt-4
Build Thread
Link
Well its a build thread. So they are sharing everything. It only makes sense, its not a post about performance. The title is good to generate interest in it. And to each their own, got to pay to play. They are a shop so they will use the stuff they sell. I find that good since they sell what they test.
Sponsored