• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

FL5 owner's poll

ADS Module... too Firm?

• Total voters
OP
OP

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R Boost Blue Pearl
I presented a number of valid arguments. I didn't only speak to your "pain" hyperbole. Like I said, on rough roads, yes, Sport and +R are overly bouncy. On normal-ish roads, Comfort mode is perfectly fine. On smooth roads, all three modes are fine. It takes an extremely bumpy road before Comfort is also too bouncy. The thing is, it's a rare "fun" road that's that bumpy. Most roads that are that bombed out really aren't Type R-type roads anyway.

I think there's a lot of truth to what some people here are saying, in that were it not for the video reviews showing the drivers bouncing around so much, many owners wouldn't think twice about the FL5's ride quality. They expect it to be stiff, and it's stiff. They bounce a bit. No biggie.

I want a little better than that. Some of my favorite roads are, in fact, too bumpy for the FL5 module. I want more composure over more roads, and I want to be able to use all three modes, so I ordered the ITS module. Will it make for a night-and-day difference, or will it be something minor, and the Placebo Effect will account for the rest?

I don't know. According to Topher and a few others, it's a Miracle Cure, so I'm willing to give it a shot.

We'll see.
Sponsored

Brittania

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Camry, 2024 FL5
I welcome this assessment, because I mostly agree. I'm looking to replace my seats with Bride or Recaro at some point. I suppose it's a fair comparison to the CTR suspension, some people don't mind the seats, some people swear they hate them. I don't hate them at all, in fact I think they're actually very comfortable for their intended purpose and look nice- but I won't argue they could be better for track use, so I'll likely replace them.

That wasn't very difficult, right? If you present a valid argument, we can have a conversation.
I was just making a joke. Any shortcomings in these cars are easily remedied. My ITS module should be in next week but I'm far more excited about upgrading the exhaust and the rear view mirror.

OP
OP

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R Boost Blue Pearl
I was thinking the omission of the sunglasses holder up there was the issue. I miss having that thing. For all the talk the past couple years of what a great, usable interior the Civic offers, to me it seems fairly lacking in interior storage space. Not a lot of cubbies.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CW CTR R-12374
Coming from MK7 GTI, to FK8, it was nice that FK8 had so many interior storage places. I watched the StraightPipe video of that car and that really sold me on the practicality of the car(despite the goofy look). FL5 is rather lacking in this respect.
Sponsored