• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
They certainly are waiting a long time to redesign the Pilot. It’s been outdated for years now.
They are probably trying to Hybridize it as per their goals to have a hybrid of every vehicle. The Pilot would potentially be the first Hybrid V6 using their current Hybrid architecture (they used to have one in the 2007 Accords but its a bit different).

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Accord redesign coming late 2022.
Maybe they’ll do a hatchback:)

Of course they won’t, but the fast back could be done as a hatch and keep the look. It’d be a way to expand its audience. Can’t see any potential Accord buyers not buying one because it’s a hatch but I can see hatchback buyers coming to the Accord because it is a hatch.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Maybe they’ll do a hatchback:)

Of course they won’t, but the fast back could be done as a hatch and keep the look. It’d be a way to expand its audience. Can’t see any potential Accord buyers not buying one because it’s a hatch but I can see hatchback buyers coming to the Accord because it is a hatch.
Crosstour enters the room and disagrees with you. Lol

sdd965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Pilot
Here’s my opinion FWIW:

11th generation Honda Civic sedan body style is automatic only

Honda has confirmed that the hatchback body style will offer a manual transmission in various trims

When Dodge introduced the Challenger it was offered in manual & automatic. The Charger had already been out in automatic only, the only reason they didn’t offer a manual in the Charger was due to crash testing certification costs for the different transmission tunnel.

Therefore it is unlikely Honda will spend the money on crash test certifications to make an Si sedan and instead will offer the manual in the hatchback variants.

Timing the release of the Si after the hatchback to me adds validity to this kind of thinking.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Here’s my opinion FWIW:

Honda has confirmed that the hatchback body style will offer a manual transmission in various trims

When Dodge introduced the Challenger it was offered in manual & automatic. The Charger had already been out in automatic only, the only reason they didn’t offer a manual in the Charger was due to crash testing certification costs for the different transmission tunnel.

Therefore it is unlikely Honda will spend the money on crash test certifications to make an Si sedan and instead will offer the manual in the hatchback variants.

Timing the release of the Si after the hatchback to me adds validity to this kind of thinking.
I am curious to see if you are right. We have already seen leaked test mules that point to an Si sedan, but who knows for sure if that's what it was.

I also think the product stack would be very crowded with a sport touring hatch (if manual) vs Si hatch vs Type R. But time will tell.

DaSaucyTiger

First Name
Cerjj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Touring
Is this release date timelines or redesign timelines? I would love to know when a redesigned Accord may be coming.
Those are all the upcoming redesigns for the rest of this year and 2022

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Here’s my opinion FWIW:

Dodge Charger has longitudinally mounted powertrain. Civics do not have transmission tunnel.

SFerrusco

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si (Ktuner, K&N Intake)
I have heard from a few sources that Civic Si will only be offered on the hatchback.

sdd965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Pilot
KoukiVAB - good point on the Civic architecture being the same across body types, so maybe it doesn’t matter. Appreciate the feedback

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I have heard from a few sources that Civic Si will only be offered on the hatchback.
Motortrend seems to think this as well. But again, given the spy shot of what we assume is the Si sedan and the possible overlap of a sport touring, who knows.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
We will find out in about 6 hours.
Hopefully this is a full reveal and not just another 30 second teaser commercial like they did with the sedan, only to have the ACTUAL reveal with some info a month later. But I'm not particularly hopeful. And somehow doubt we'll hear anything about the Si model(s) other than "more info coming soon".

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit