• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
The 2022 Civic Hatchback has been spied again, this time with new wheels and a slow peel-back of its camouflage. Our latest shots reveal the sweep of the side-window-profile, and our best look yet at the tail-light treatment.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-8

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-9

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-10

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-1

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-2

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-3

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-4

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-11

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-12

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-7

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-6

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo 2022-honda-civic-hatchback-5
Sponsored

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Interesting. This appears to have a hint of a subtle rear lower diffuser we haven't seen on the sedan or patent images, as well a a honeycomb insert in the upper grill. Perhaps this is a sport trim... single exhaust notes this is most likely a 2.0 n/a (no more turbo only hatch). I am getting more and more used to the look of the hatch, still think it needs the addition of a spoiler or 2 on the back (other than the moulded in duck tail) to make it look less wagon-like. The rear 3/4 view (8th photo down) is this car's sweet spot, showing the short rear overhang and longer hood profile.

Last edited:

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
On the video post from feb, that car appeared to have dual exhaust and this shows only a single exhaust. Is the hatch getting a turbo and NA engine this time?

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the video post from feb, that car appeared to have dual exhaust and this shows only a single exhaust. Is the hatch getting a turbo and NA engine this time?
that would be my guess. With production moving to NA and probably in attempt to bring pricing more in line with the sedan they may offer the n/a engine this time on lower trims.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
It’s starting to look better. Love the integration of the spoiler in this one compared to the Sedan. It fits the rear end better personally.

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
Interesting about the Manufacturer's plate from Ohio. The video taken on the streets of Columbus back in January had 86 D2UA as the license plate number, this car has 18 D2UA.
I guess those are part of a series of numbers registered to Honda R&D in Ohio? It kind of looks like the two small numbers on the left are designed to be changed easily, but I'm not sure.

Acura_CSX_4eva

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura Manual Transmission + Nav + Heated Leather
Hot dang... the more and more I see the hatchback the more I'm liking it than the sedan! And those rims aren't that bad, if they polish that up and have it in sparkling gunmetal color.... Wooooooooo I want that 6 speed !

JimmEEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mz3
I used to have a 1989 Civic hatch like this one. Since then, CUVs and SUVs are the preferrred body style, at least in the US. Given how the Civic has grown in size over the decades, and how it's now a 4-door only car, If you offered this kind of squared-off longroof Civic nowadays American buyers would say it's a station wagon and it would probably sell poorly. That's the segment that high ride height CUVs like the CR-V and Rav4 have moved into, unfortunately. See also: Accord Aerodeck, which was never sold in the US.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Civic Hatchback Spied Again With New Wheels, Less Camo preview-928x522

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree honda could've done more to differentiate the sedan/hatch, without going the long roof route.... for the past 3 generations the civic hatch used the split rear window treatment, which was a unique-to-honda way of making a sloped rear end while keeping things from looking too sedan-like. You also have examples like the mazda3 hatch with a sloped and rounded back end that still manages to look vastly different from the sedan (thanks in part to a roof spoiler honda decided not to give the 11g civic hatch). This generation it's like they literally just took the rear window from the sedan, moved it to the edge of the trunk or cut the trunk off to the bottom of the window and called it a day. It's more of a liftback/sportback than a hatchback.

If honda doesn't offer some spoiler options for the hatch, I feel like the aftermarket for them is going to be booming as people look for options to help visually raise and differentiate that back end from the sedan.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
I agree honda could've done more to differentiate the sedan/hatch, without going the long roof route.... for the past 3 generations the civic hatch used the split rear window treatment, which was a unique-to-honda way of making a sloped rear end while keeping things from looking too sedan-like. You also have examples like the mazda3 hatch with a sloped and rounded back end that still manages to look vastly different from the sedan (thanks in part to a roof spoiler honda decided not to give the 11g civic hatch). This generation it's like they literally just took the rear window from the sedan, moved it to the edge of the trunk or cut the trunk off to the bottom of the window and called it a day. It's more of a liftback/sportback than a hatchback.

If honda doesn't offer some spoiler options for the hatch, I feel like the aftermarket for them is going to be booming as people look for options to help visually raise and differentiate that back end from the sedan.
On the contrary I actually really like the design approach of this compared to the Sedan. Sure it might look a little to close to the Sedan but it has this nice flow to the rear trunk. Also I really like that bottom Diffuser. It looks good for whatever this trim is. Of course I believe the one we saw in February with that 2 exhaust outlets is either the Sport or Si. Imagine how amazing the diffuser of the Type R will look.

Now if only we can get spy shots of the ILX replacement so we can compare the two design wise.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On the contrary I actually really like the design approach of this compared to the Sedan. Sure it might look a little to close to the Sedan but it has this nice flow to the rear trunk. Also I really like that bottom Diffuser. It looks good for whatever this trim is. Of course I believe the one we saw in February with that 2 exhaust outlets is either the Sport or Si. Imagine how amazing the diffuser of the Type R will look.

Now if only we can get spy shots of the ILX replacement so we can compare the two design wise.
I'm actually quite interested in the new ILX replacement. If they can capture the same kind of stance and proportions of the TLX in a smaller more affordable package, I might end up going that route instead of the civic. Acura seems to be invested in its performance image now, hopefully that'll translate to the new ILX replacement in a big way.

Also, and I've mentioned this one other time in another post, I think Honda wanted to make the hatch more sloped and sleek in the back because it's also got duty pulling in the former coupe buyers. If you look at the profile of the hatch and imagine it with 2 less doors, it's not that far off from how an 11G coupe would've been shaped. Similar idea to why the accord took on a coupe-like profile after they cancelled the accord coupe. I still hope deep down that maybe someday we'll get a new sporty coupe into the lineup, something that might compete with the veloster and Toyobaru twins.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/new/hr-v-hybrid/overview.html

Seems like the light design will follow through on other models. The link is Hondas UK website showing the new HRV with a similar light design.
Exactly. If you look at the new HRV, the new Fit, the Honda e, the new civic, its clear honda is taking a new direction in their styling and brand image. The accord mostly fits this new design already. It'll be interesting to see what actually happens with the crossovers in the next few years... simplistic like the cars, or rugged.
Sponsored