• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
What were the differences between 10th gen si US vs CA models? AFIK the only difference was the windshield wiper reservoir is on opposite sides. Don't even know why that is though.
The reservoir is bigger in Canada (4L) because of our winters.
Sponsored

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
What were the differences between 10th gen si US vs CA models? AFIK the only difference was the windshield wiper reservoir is on opposite sides. Don't even know why that is though.
10th Gen had a lot of differences too. In addition to the LEDs and Heated rear seats they had the touring infotainment with Navi and all for less money.

ZEEE Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI, 72 Z-28
I'm curious what the US buyers pay for freight and PDI ? Here in my area of Canada it's $1800.00 and it's built in Canada! That's a big chunk of coin.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
The trip would be the easy part. Getting a Canadian dealer to sell you a car and then getting it across the border and registered would be the complicated part. And then getting your warranty honored in the US.

I've looked into it a little and it may be possible but for me it looks like too much trouble for a few extra features.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I'm curious what the US buyers pay for freight and PDI ? Here in my area of Canada it's $1800.00 and it's built in Canada! That's a big chunk of coin.
Delivery fee here is usually $1000

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
10th Gen
  • Led headlights (came later in US)
  • Heated rear seats
  • Navigation
  • Wireless charger
  • Full size spare

11th Gen
  • Fog lights
  • LED turn signals in mirrors
  • Parking sensors
  • Heated front and rear seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Dual zone climate
  • Auto dimming mirror /w Honda Link
  • Wireless charger
  • 10” display with shift lights
I expected them to close the gap in the 11th gen but maybe the chip/supply chain issues is making it worse. Sure there are a lot of people in the US without the need for the climate related features but it sucks for others that do.

If they took away the heat seats that would be a deal breaker for me. Overall it’s a decent upgrade over 10th gen … they’d have my business again if the Integra wasn’t coming.

Last edited:

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
The more I think about this, the less excited I get for my US spec car to come in January. Several features that I’ve had before on my last two cars aren’t there, plus it’s more expensive, and likely less powerful. Even though I don’t use them that often, the lack of fog lights really irks me. I will look at that trim panel insert with disdain every time I look at my car. Not canceling my order, but thought I’d voice my complaint here anyway.

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Being in the US and knowing the large difference between the CA and US model I would wait for the mid lifecycle refresh where they will probably add on a lot of the missing features for a nominal price increase. The full digital cluster, the shift lights, heated seats are worth the wait.

narwhalsteak

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
I have a white one on order, but I hadn’t realized how much had been lost from the previous gen. Inexcusable with the price hike. I’m going to wait for the embargo to be lifted and see what the pros have to say, but I really might walk away from my $500 reservation fee. So disappointing.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV, 2023 Civic Sport Touring (6MT)
Losing all those features would have been easier to stomach if they hadn't increased the price so much. To increase by that much while stripping out so much makes no sense and is a slap in the face to US Honda customers.

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 LEAF SV+, 19 Altima Plat, 22 Mach-E4X ordered
Just curious: what does the gauge cluster look like on the US spec version?
It's the gauge cluster out of the 10G Accord, 3G Insight and the lower trim 11G Civics. 7" digital on the left, analog speedo on the right. It's not the worst setup in the world, it's just that the all digital 10" cluster in the Touring is THAT much cooler.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
11th Gen
  • Fog lights
  • LED turn signals in mirrors
  • Parking sensors
  • Heated front and rear seats
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Dual zone climate
  • Auto dimming mirror /w Honda Link
  • Wireless charger
  • 10” display with shift lights
I expected them to close the gap in the 11th gen but maybe the chip/supply chain issues is making it worse. Sure there are a lot of people in the US without the need for the climate related features but it sucks for others that do.

If they took away the heat seats that would be a deal breaker for me. Overall it’s a decent upgrade over 10th gen … they’d have my business again if the Integra wasn’t coming.
The ones in red are the big omissions for me. No fog lights on a US Si? Why?
Sponsored