• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
The GR Corolla is allegedly getting unveiled 10 days from now. I wonder if that can have an impact on the Civic Type R unveiling.
Sponsored

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
The GR Corolla is allegedly getting unveiled 10 days from now. I wonder if that can have an impact on the Civic Type R unveiling.
I have high hopes for the GR Corolla but I hope Honda slides in and unveils the CTR before then. They don’t even need to give me specs yet just show us the damn car without camo already! Otherwise I feel like they will draw this out another couple months.

vtec_bhoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Any further information on likely first deliveries? Chip shortages still causing concerns for car makers?

On a side note, I've never owned an FK8 so I might just scratch this itch first whilst Honda continue to refine the red camouflage finish of their prototypes.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
About the same relationship between SuperCruise and Tesla's next "'Autopilot" delivery - I'll happen when Honda's ready.

ajaynyc

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JDM FD3S
I have high hopes for the GR Corolla but I hope Honda slides in and unveils the CTR before then. They don’t even need to give me specs yet just show us the damn car without camo already! Otherwise I feel like they will draw this out another couple months.
Honda has made announcements in the past at the NY International Auto Show a couple of times, and the show is next month. They aren't on the list for vehicles/manufacturers, but I don't see why they wouldn't at least take the opportunity to show the new Civics, Si, Integras, and maybe the NSX Type-S. Hopefully they're holding off their announcement to be secretive.. All I can do is hope lol

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Honda has made announcements in the past at the NY International Auto Show a couple of times, and the show is next month. They aren't on the list for vehicles/manufacturers, but I don't see why they wouldn't at least take the opportunity to show the new Civics, Si, Integras, and maybe the NSX Type-S. Hopefully they're holding off their announcement to be secretive.. All I can do is hope lol
“Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.”

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
C'mon Honda give us news...

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
GR Corolla is being announced this Thursday, gotta wonder if Honda's gonna respond

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
GR Corolla is being announced this Thursday, gotta wonder if Honda's gonna respond
It doesn't matter to me - if the GR gets front/rear LSDs, I'm buying one. If not, then the Type R is top of the list.

The ball is in Toyota's court.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
If the Corolla rear seats were a bit more spacious I'd consider one. They don't look to have much leg room.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
I test drove a Corolla hatchback and was pretty surprised at how little space there was in the rear. I think it looks sweet and it drives well, but it’s strange how little room there is in the back.

I hope to god that they put the bronze colour as an option for the GR Corolla because that with a black roof looks fantastic.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Wow, fall this year. So that will be out before the new Type R at this rate lol.

Looks good though, I’m interested to see what the weight is. Not super interested in the car tbh just due to the interior space of the regular Corolla hatch, but it seems like it’ll be a wicked driver’s car
Sponsored