• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I just watched the Alex on autos video… 19/26.. 22 combined MPG and requires premium… How do people use this as a daily??
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
The new WRX is the ugliest car to come out in a long time. Those arches :puke:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I have a feeling that this gen WRX is going to continue to have abysmal fuel efficiency. If you absolutely HAD to have AWD, then I'd consider this over the new Si. I still love my 2019 Si too much to even think about a new car lol.
our Ascent with the same engine has never seen over 20 mpg. Subaru has no clue with engines these days.

We had a rental CX9 which felt just as quick and we saw 28 mpg on the highway.

We are done with Subaru, the Ascent is the most annoying car we've ever owned with all the safety crap.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Compared to that car, the new Si is about 10X better looking. Subaru needs some new designers. Even without the cladding, that's a seriously fugly and dated looking car.
The WRX looks like it was designed by the Outback designers on lunch break.

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR - white
I just watched the Alex on autos video… 19/26.. 22 combined MPG and requires premium… How do people use this as a daily??
With my '20 WRX I would usually get 22 mpg driving 70% on the highway.. I took a road trip and averaged 25mpg purely driving on the highway. My CTR gets 32 highway and 26 combined on the same route as the WRX and is 10000xs more fun to drive.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
With hondata the 22 civic Si is 29k and the 22 WRX premium is similar featured for 32k. As a 2021 WRX owner for a few months. Subaru is not the same class manufacture as Honda. Subaru boxer engines are inferior making alot of noise. Anyone who's owned a Subaru I'm sure can list alot of issues and ass backwards outdated design flaws. Cheap junk parts, half finished wheels, water in doors, gas tank on the wrong freaking side. ???‍♂. There is a reason Hondas are in demand. Why people pay 5k over msrp on a TypeR. Simply there isn't a vehicle on the market that out classes or compares in the same price point. Maybe an Integra Type S will be an equal comparison. ?

chotaku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, pos subaru wrx
With hondata the 22 civic Si is 29k and the 22 WRX premium is similar featured for 32k. As a 2021 WRX owner for a few months. Subaru is not the same class manufacture as Honda. Subaru boxer engines are inferior making alot of noise. Anyone who's owned a Subaru I'm sure can list alot of issues and ass backwards outdated design flaws. Cheap junk parts, half finished wheels, water in doors, gas tank on the wrong freaking side. ???‍♂. There is a reason Hondas are in demand. Why people pay 5k over msrp on a TypeR. Simply there isn't a vehicle on the market that out classes or compares in the same price point. Maybe an Integra Type S will be an equal comparison. ?
Completely agree with everything you said about Subarus. I'm still dailying my '13 WRX for almost 9 years of ownership, but currently actively looking for a Sport Touring HB in 6spd manual to replace it soon. I'm just so over this pile and want that tried and trued Honda reliability and finish. My sister just got a '22 Forester and on cold start-up, it sounds worryingly loud to the point my dad was surprised and asked me if that was ok.. I just shrugged and said, idk anymore.. haha.

I will say though, that Subaru is a good car as an overall package of what you get for day-to-day seasonal usage (good space, power, AWD, very utilitarian). But for those DIY'ers that like to work on their cars themselves, that Subaru engine isnt fun to work on compared to other engine layouts.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Car looks a bit gross on the outside. Interior is just OK. It may well have a nearly a 100 whp advantage with reflashes compared to a reflased Si. Would be a lot of fun in 10 years if they’re going for a song and you can find a car still stock. Much larger motor and a certainly larger turbo running low stock boost. I like the power train, despite the WRXs checkered past with transmissions. I’ve also enjoyed every WRX and STI I’ve driven and am kind of shocked I’ve gone so long without owning them… just never pulled the trigger. Like Mitsubishis… they’ve always felt low rent and practically disposable and WRXs don’t get optioned well until they’re north of $30k. Hell… new Mitsubishi car’s interior (my mother-in-law just got one) remind me of 80s Toyota… just brought into the 2020s.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
I had also upgraded to the optional kicker speaker package. Because stock sounded so bad. When the bass kicked the factory radio it would fade or lose power. I had replaced the metal wipers in fear they would tear then permanently scratch the windshield. I had replaced all the exterior and interior lights to led.

I felt subaru does have some hit qualities but the black exhaust soot covered the rear of the WRX. The dealer said it was normal. ?? I was like really? Ohh my! Overall my experience with Subaru was tolerating until the engine and clutch issues were ignored by Subaru. With poor customer service. So I'm like ???‍♂

Completely agree with everything you said about Subarus. I'm still dailying my '13 WRX for almost 9 years of ownership, but currently actively looking for a Sport Touring HB in 6spd manual to replace it soon. I'm just so over this pile and want that tried and trued Honda reliability and finish. My sister just got a '22 Forester and on cold start-up, it sounds worryingly loud to the point my dad was surprised and asked me if that was ok.. I just shrugged and said, idk anymore.. haha.

I will say though, that Subaru is a good car as an overall package of what you get for day-to-day seasonal usage (good space, power, AWD, very utilitarian). But for those DIY'ers that like to work on their cars themselves, that Subaru engine isnt fun to work on compared to other engine layouts.
Sponsored