• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Unfortunately people who can afford to pay ADMs won't just stop paying ADMs, because to them it is worth it.

Fortunately, there are only so many of those people. So I would argue that supply alone CAN solve the issue...because as soon as the supply exceeds the # of people willing to pay high ADMs, the ADMs will have to decrease...
I disagree with that statement. I can afford to pay ADM; however, I will not. I'm not the only one who believes this. I also don't believe it's worth it. No disrespect to the Type R but it's simply not a $55k+ car. It's decently priced at MSRP but anything over that is a stretch.

I'm also willing to bet there's a very large population who will pay over MSRP. The question then becomes: How much over?
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I disagree with that statement. I can afford to pay ADM; however, I will not. I'm not the only one who believes this. I also don't believe it's worth it. No disrespect to the Type R but it's simply not a $55k+ car. It's decently priced at MSRP but anything over that is a stretch.

I'm also willing to bet there's a very large population who will pay over MSRP. The question then becomes: How much over?

The market says its a $55k car and the cars that are $55k msrp are now $65k.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
They will sell. Personally, I don't see us getting as many FL5's as FK8's and we know those are selling for a premium used. If you want a limited car ,you're going to have to pay to play. Of course that is a generalization and there will be stories here and there of MSRP.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I like your enthusiasm and it's great more allocations are coming out but people need to stop paying the ADMs. Supply alone won't solve the ADM obstacle.
Its not just the people paying the adms. Used FK8s are selling for $45k-$50k lol. FK8 owners who sold their cars and cashed in created the market conditions.

If you were to get a FL5 at MSRP you essentially pay the same price as if you were getting an FK8.

Last edited:

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Not sure if it's accurate or not, but a new one showing At the dealer in MA this morning

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R finder tool 1669810155632

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Not sure if it's accurate or not, but a new one showing At the dealer in MA this morning

1669810155632.png
100% sure it's not this one. I contacted the same Honda Village in MA about a month ago.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Not seeing any new updates on here despite all of the new csr arrivals last nice. Hondas build site shows on the lot as well for some of the ones aspec mentioned

CWNole95

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 CW FL5

This is exactly where I’m at. Can afford it, but won’t pay ADM for this car. I paid a bit of markup for my first FK8 LE, which I still have, but had no issue with that due to its exclusivity and long term value. I don’t blame anyone for doing so if he or she deems it worth it to them to get the car they want now.

It’s just not worth it to me, personally. I still hope to obtain one as I feel it would be a great daily, but not for more than sticker. And if that doesn’t come to pass, oh well. It’s okay.

neoprufrok

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 675LT, Porsche 911 GT3 Touring, M5 Comp
I'm with the rest of the crew. I can afford an ADM - hell I just bought a 1995 JDM RHD NSX Type R. And I want badly to mate a Civic Type R CW with Red seats with my CW NSXR. But I don't think its worth 55k. To some others, sure but not to me.

Coming from the Porsche world (owned a 991.2 GT3 Touring) I haven't paid ADM even though it's rampant. I have no problems waiting. I don't have FOMO if others get it first - I'd rather get it at the price point I think its worth.

I just think its funny that dealers try to justify their markup. They say things that are just crazy and absurd. Funniest thing was when a dealer told me "we mark it up 20k, because it really should be competing with Porsches..." Really? Just tell me the truth - say that's what you think someone will pay for it. And tell me - look if we can't find a buyer in so and so amount of time, I'll call you back.

Oh well.. I guess I'm just watiing.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I'm with the rest of the crew. I can afford an ADM - hell I just bought a 1995 JDM RHD NSX Type R. And I want badly to mate a Civic Type R CW with Red seats with my CW NSXR. But I don't think its worth 55k. To some others, sure but not to me.

Coming from the Porsche world (owned a 991.2 GT3 Touring) I haven't paid ADM even though it's rampant. I have no problems waiting. I don't have FOMO if others get it first - I'd rather get it at the price point I think its worth.

I just think its funny that dealers try to justify their markup. They say things that are just crazy and absurd. Funniest thing was when a dealer told me "we mark it up 20k, because it really should be competing with Porsches..." Really? Just tell me the truth - say that's what you think someone will pay for it. And tell me - look if we can't find a buyer in so and so amount of time, I'll call you back.

Oh well.. I guess I'm just watiing.
Wrong thread - head over to ADM thread and let us keep enjoying our fake deliveries in peace.

dathoneycomb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI coupe rr
First off, thanks for the tracker tool, Steven! Not many status changes lately but I’m still checking it every morning.

My local dealer called me last week saying I’m first in line for a February build, but he had no further details right now. Just speculating what might that mean for timeline for a color, VIN and potential delivery. Think they’d at least know the color in January?