• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I read in one of the FB groups. Someone suggested because they follow Hondata on instagram that it might have an OTS tune. To me that's foolish to make that claim without proof.
I'm the other way on this one I feel it's foolish to put out a video where the FK8 is clearly making quite a bit more power and not question why without releasing it. Why not slap it on a dyno to validate stock power? Why not grab another FK8 to be sure?
Sponsored

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I'm the other way on this one I feel it's foolish to put out a video where the FK8 is clearly making quite a bit more power and not question why without releasing it. Why not slap it on a dyno to validate stock power? Why not grab another FK8 to be sure?
Even better idea. Instead continuing to blow this video up, someone just needs a stock FK8 and stock FL5 and do their own roll race lol

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Lol dude you act as if Throttle House is super invested and would go through great lengths to research it. They make videos for entertainment. They put out a request for a FK8 that was stock or someone had reached out to them. They took the owners word for it. They setup the dates and shot the video. Thats it. They only are able to have the cars for a certain amount of days and are limited on days that they can film. They couldn't even get the GR Corolla for the video lol

A Throttle House lap time or drag race video is by no means official lol. That was evident where in the end the Golf R had a faster laptime than before. Its for entertainment and not to be taken as gospel.

Last edited:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
maybe just a OCD about it? I don't see it as a big deal.
if this is the only matrix the FK8 takes, than so be it (FK8 is a great car after all).
one entertaining car review shouldn't be end all be all tho...

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Lol dude you act as if Throttle House is super invested and would go through great lengths to research it. They make videos for entertainment. They put out a request for a FK8 that was stock or someone had reached out to them. They took the owners word for it. They setup the dates and shot the video. Thats it. They only are able to have the cars for a certain amount of days and are limited on days that they can film. They couldn't even get the GR Corolla for the video lol

A Throttle House lap time of drag race video is by no means official lol. That was evident where in the end the Golf R had a faster laptime than before. Its for entertainment and not to be taken as gospel.
Exactly. And people are ready to sue Honda over that video lol

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Exactly. And people are ready to sue Honda over that video lol
I already have the pitchforks and tiki torches primed after this shipping debacle.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
If I had a YouTube channel I would care a little more about validating that my content is factual esp when my closing statement is that the result is "unacceptable" but I digress lol. No pitch fork here I can read between the car lengths. If these guys did their legwork maybe my social media wouldn't be full of idiotic FK8 greater than FL5 because of this roll race posts shrug.

Last edited:

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Everyone is so invested in drag races. Hilarious!
Its more like the new car should be faster than the old car 10 out of 10 times. Germans do that best, new versions of their AMG/M cars are significantly faster.

madbikes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The best way to settle the debate is to have a stock FK8 and FL5, equipped with the same tires and brake pads, to go for a track day a small and reasonably big track. That will determine if both are similar, if at all, at low speed handling.

If FK8 is following the FL5 on the longer track and is able to close the gap, yet somewhat easily pull away from the FK8 when leading, then we have a fair answer.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm so confused by expectations on this forum...
The best way to settle the debate is to have a stock FK8 and FL5, equipped with the same tires and brake pads, to go for a track day a small and reasonably big track. That will determine if both are similar, if at all, at low speed handling.

If FK8 is following the FL5 on the longer track and is able to close the gap, yet somewhat easily pull away from the FK8 when leading, then we have a fair answer.
I think the debate is different for everyone which is the problem.

Stock for stock the FL5 being slower than the FK8 in the video provided by Throttle House is hard for some to deal with. If 30mph rolls are your thing. Then you have evidence to help you form an opinion.

Yet the FL5 is faster than the FK8 LE at Suzuka. An impressive feat that could be better measured if we knew what tires were on the FL5 when it ran. I can't find anything that mentions it and I don't think it is unreasonable to think it was also running Cup 2. Otherwise, why not mention it? An omission? I have my doubts. Marketing? That makes more sense to me.

So we can see that at least at Suzuka the FL5 is faster. If the track is your argument then cooling issues alone should help you form your opinion on a "reasonably big track."
Sponsored