• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Not really a fair comparison since the FL5 is on better tyres. Even in the video the FK8 spun 2nd from a roll and still won.

Putting better wheels and tyres on an FK8 is a lot more trivial than shortening the diff ratio and trying to shave 30-40kg off the FL5.

That said, I suspect the FK8 would be harder to launch even with the same wheels and tyres as the FL5.
how is it not fair to compare the cars as they left the factory?
Sponsored

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
how is it not fair to compare the cars as they left the factory?
The Blue FK8 was bone stock, but someone in Ontario has owned it since 2020. So tires are definitely not as good as the PS4Ss on the FL5. I was surprised to see the FK8 walk past the FL5 too, but I guess the quicker track time makes up for it.

savagegeese

First Name
Savagegeese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
The drag race thing is highly variable based on so many factors don't put too much stock in it. The FL5 will be faster for track driving and basically everything else. But don't expect some like night and day numbers. The car is a solid incremental improvement not something that makes the FK8 a pile.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The Blue FK8 was bone stock, but someone in Ontario has owned it since 2020. So tires are definitely not as good as the PS4Ss on the FL5. I was surprised to see the FK8 walk past the FL5 too, but I guess the quicker track time makes up for it.
The car used in the video, is Honda’s very own press car. They made that clarification in the video.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
The car used in the video, is Honda’s very own press car. They made that clarification in the video.
The FK8 probably has loads more miles on it as well. Honda's tend to be really tight from the factory and really open up 5-10k miles of driving. Just saying. Yes the FK8 is faster from a roll, but a Spoon final drive gear and a Hondata tune will erase all complaints.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The FK8 probably has loads more miles on it as well. Honda's tend to be really tight from the factory and really open up 5-10k miles of driving. Just saying. Yes the FK8 is faster from a roll, but a Spoon final drive gear and a Hondata tune will erase all complaints.
Not even a tune, put a FK8 final drive in a FL5 and the FK8's advantage disappears.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
if the car came in under 40k, I say its acceptable. 45k... nah. Car under performs. You can be a fan boy all you want or wanna feel good about yourself cause you dropped 10k extra but I'd be pissed if I couldn't pull on a Gti.
End of the day if it makes them happy let them be happy. I personally couldn't care less if a GTI pulls faster than me on the street. I'm not buying it to impress others

TMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Also the FL5's tyres were fresh and the condition of the FK8's Contis? Who knows. My FK8 currently has Contis with 20000kms on them and I can tell you they are hot garbage compared to when they were fresh. I can spin 3rd in the dry.

I never "launch" my car as it's hard on clutch/drivetrain and is just asking for trouble on the street. Roll on acceleration is something I do almost every day so I do feel smug that it's probably faster at that...

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Am I the only one that doesn't care of a marginal increase or decrease in power, whether straight line, from a roll, or on the track, but cares more that it doesn't look like a transformer?

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
If people are on here bitching about 10ths of a second and a couple mph trap speed why are you interested in a fwd car at all? Just buy a golf r, supra or hellcat. Go hit 60 in under 4 seconds and convince yourself there's nobody faster. This car is clearly focused on shaving 10ths of a second on a circut, not a dragstrip.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
If people are on here bitching about 10ths of a second and a couple mph trap speed why are you interested in a fwd car at all? Just buy a golf r, supra or hellcat. Go hit 60 in under 4 seconds and convince yourself there's nobody faster. This car is clearly focused on shaving 10ths of a second on a circut, not a dragstrip.
not bitching. You should expect more from products you pay hard earned money for especially with huge price increases. I don't want the Type R to fall in to the STI trap where the car just stays stagnate while the competition lead grows.
Sponsored