• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Civic Type R Spy Shots (Compiled June 23)

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
FK8’s are still going for 10k over and thats for one thats already 2 years old with 20k miles….

If new Si’s are marked up 8k, I would not be surprised to see a $20-$30k mark up on the new type r at some dealerships.
Sponsored

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
All credit to OP via Twitter. High-resolution pictures.

1656000556171.png

1656000590745.png

Original Post :

Probably a stupid question but Im guessing these are the final wheel design? Any thoughts on if they will be gloss black or matte black? I love glossy black wheels because of the shine that they give off, but all of the pictures I've seen the wheels look really dirty. I have matte black wheels on my other car and they look like these ones so I can't tell if its supposed to be gloss or matte.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
FK8’s are still going for 10k over and thats for one thats already 2 years old with 20k miles….

If new Si’s are marked up 8k, I would not be surprised to see a $20-$30k mark up on the new type r at some dealerships.
To be fair, the used car market is a completely different animal, so looking at used Type Rs, in a market where new ones aren’t currently made, is kinda it’s own thing.
As for Si’s, I agree some crazy places have huge markups, but a lot don’t. I just hate that the handful of crazy markups overshadow the other scenarios where it’s far more reasonable…and then you have to listen to every other comment about how EVERY Type R will have a $20k markup.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Probably a stupid question but Im guessing these are the final wheel design? Any thoughts on if they will be gloss black or matte black? I love glossy black wheels because of the shine that they give off, but all of the pictures I've seen the wheels look really dirty. I have matte black wheels on my other car and they look like these ones so I can't tell if its supposed to be gloss or matte.
Nobody knows anything, if they act like they do, they’re lying.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
To be fair, the used car market is a completely different animal, so looking at used Type Rs, in a market where new ones aren’t currently made, is kinda it’s own thing.
As for Si’s, I agree some crazy places have huge markups, but a lot don’t. I just hate that the handful of crazy markups overshadow the other scenarios where it’s far more reasonable…and then you have to listen to every other comment about how EVERY Type R will have a $20k markup.
Not every one but i would not be surprised to see $20-$30k at some dealers. The new tourings are marked up 5-6k in most places as well. Not saying there will not be msrp - just expect some sticker shock at some (dare i say most) dealers.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Compared to the Toyota reps, Honda keeps their reps quiet! Over at one of the GR86 forums there has been lots of gold nuggets of info before the GR86/BRZ, GR Corolla and manual Supra were even announced. All by Toyota employees who clearly didn't care or violated their NDA's. But Honda, man Honda knows how to keep things quiet and only give us what they want us to see...all these "spy shots" it's all intentional leading up to the final and inevitable reveal.

Fingers crossed next week!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Compared to the Toyota reps, Honda keeps their reps quiet! Over at one of the GR86 forums there has been lots of gold nuggets of info before the GR86/BRZ, GR Corolla and manual Supra were even announced. All by Toyota employees who clearly didn't care or violated their NDA's. But Honda, man Honda knows how to keep things quiet and only give us what they want us to see...all these "spy shots" it's all intentional leading up to the final and inevitable reveal.

Fingers crossed next week!
Yeah I feel like you hit the nail on the head. I have a good feeling Mid-Ohio will either end up being the official reveal, or will be the event that announces the debut date.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
lol

This applies to all markets, including crypto and equities. When somebody tells you where the price is headed next, rest assured, they’re lying.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Nobody knows anything, if they act like they do, they’re lying.
Goes without saying….I don’t know that anyone has claimed to have factual inside info about the car to this point.

We’ll all find out soon…

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Goes without saying….I don’t know that anyone has claimed to have factual inside info about the car to this point.

We’ll all find out soon…
I agree, but doesn’t stop people asking questions about production specifics, and also doesn’t stop people from answering, as if they know.
If it went without saying, why ask the question?

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I agree, but doesn’t stop people asking questions about production specifics, and also doesn’t stop people from answering, as if they know.
If it went without saying, why ask the question?
I didn’t see anyone respond so goes without saying….

Questions and speculation are a product of curious minds and idle time. When someone chimes in to know something they dont, please by all means set them straight….
Sponsored