• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Civic Type R Spy Shots (Compiled June 23)

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I didn’t see anyone respond so goes without saying….

Questions and speculation are a product of curious minds and idle time. When someone chimes in to know something they dont, please by all means set them straight….
If you haven’t seen people responding about what will and won’t with this car or any other, on here, or anywhere else for that matter, you must live in a van, down by the river…oh eloquent and wise one. Lol
Sponsored

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
If you haven’t seen people responding about what will and won’t with this car or any other, on here, or anywhere else for that matter, you must live in a van, down by the river…oh eloquent and wise one. Lol
Time to get back on the right track….

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Spy Shots (Compiled June 23) 1656125285138

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I'm most excited for the front vents to be revealed. It's not really going to be make or break for me ultimately wanting this vehicle, but I'm really hoping for more body-color and less black plastic cladding, unlike the previous gen

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
I'm most excited for the front vents to be revealed. It's not really going to be make or break for me ultimately wanting this vehicle, but I'm really hoping for more body-color and less black plastic cladding, unlike the previous gen
Same, Im really excited to hear what people say about the cooling with the new redesigned grille and hood. From what I gathered one of the problems with the overheating with the FK8 was more of getting hot air out than getting air in. The heat extractors on the hood look really clean and the grille looks alot more open than the FK8 so I hope they were able to increase cooling. The heat extractors look similar to what's on my Mustang so Im assuming thats a really good sign, since the engine bay gets really hot with the GT350.

I've seen a walk around video and it does have functional vents right next to the grille, it'll be very cool looking.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
Yeah I'm also most excited about seeing those vents in detail. Also curious to see how the splitter, skirts and rear looks like. I was kinda disappointed that the Civic Si visually had basically nothing different from say a civic sport other than the Si badge. Safe to say that won't be a problem with the Type R, so now its just down to seeing those details :)

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I’m interested to see if the gauge cluster and infotainment have anything unique to the Type R. They’re definitely covering up all the screens during the last interior shots of the Suzuka hot lap, so I’m hoping that’s to hind the unique look.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
I’m interested to see if the gauge cluster and infotainment have anything unique to the Type R. They’re definitely covering up all the screens during the last interior shots of the Suzuka hot lap, so I’m hoping that’s to hind the unique look.
Same infotainment system with type r trims would be the best bet. Wonder if they will kill and redesign honeycomb trims like integra… probably not.

Not a huge fan of honeycomb trims because Im afraid of dusts XD

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Same infotainment system with type r trims would be the best bet. Wonder if they will kill and redesign honeycomb trims like integra… probably not.

Just use a can of compressed air every few days or keep a dust bunny wand in your center console.

Last edited:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350

I'm planning on vacuuming with a boar's hair brush to agitate the dust. It'll be a little annoying, but something to do every other weekend I guess 🤷‍♂️

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST

I didn’t think it would be a different interface or anything, was just curious if it will just have red accents, etc or have a unique look or maybe an R mode, that looks different from any of the other Civics.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I didn’t think it would be a different interface or anything, was just curious if it will just have red accents, etc or have a unique look or maybe an R mode, that looks different from any of the other Civics.
Its going to be interesting. I hope it has the Bose too.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Rather disappointing not to see it revealed at the Goodwood Festival.
Would have been a great opportunity to unleash it to the world. Honestly can’t think of a better time and place.
Too bad

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
it should get the bose. I really hope it gets heated seats because its one of those comforts I cant do with out. I saw it has blindspot monitors.
I really want ventilated seats 😂 but there's almost no way I'm getting them

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Rather disappointing not to see it revealed at the Goodwood Festival.
Would have been a great opportunity to unleash it to the world. Honestly can’t think of a better time and place.
Too bad
I was hopeful too but now I think we’re looking at later in July at the earliest as the CRV appears to be on track for a July 12 announcement date (as reported by Motor1). I keep referring back to this “product cadence” screenshot leaked in this forum a while ago and everything has progressed in line with it since the fall.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Spy Shots (Compiled June 23) 9DC8B9A4-5475-4D0A-8B48-89697173CC34
Sponsored