• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
i cancelled the order for my wing...i'm hoping spoon will release a similar wing for this as they did for the fk8 and i will get that

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I'm almost certain you'll see some on the west coast going for 60K+. When the FK8 first released, dealers were selling for 10-15k above MSRP, this was back in 2017. Then covid hit, manufacturing delays etc caused the used car market to sky rocket. Most people can trade in their FK8 today, 5 years later, for more than what MSRP was back in 2017.

Those who are optimistic about the prices falling could be in for a let down. These cars will not be mass produced....willing to bet the US will see under 20k units in the 3 year stretch.
Yeah but hopefully by the time they sell 20k cars, the hardcore enthusiasts will have already gotten them and the market prices go down quite a bit. But if 20k Americans are willing to pay 10k above MSRP for the FL5 then GG.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Yeah but hopefully by the time they sell 20k cars, the hardcore enthusiasts will have already gotten them and the market prices go down quite a bit. But if 20k Americans are willing to pay 10k above MSRP for the FL5 then GG.
My guess is 50% of Americans will pay 10k+ over. I'd say less than 5% will get it at MSRP and the remaining 45% will pay between 2-9999 over msrp, whether that's a dealer markup or with overpriced added accessories.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
In Canada, it's been a mix of:

Reservation via dealership which is either a) Takes deposit says they're going to do the paperwork required and they'll call you for colour preferences and additional info later OR b) take your deposit then call you back saying they have to refund your deposit and you have do it yourself via Honda website online and specify the dealership you wish to work with during the process. OR c) dealership puts you in a waiting list and your have to harass the shit out of them to get any info or updates.
Thanks for summarizing it, thats exactly what just happened I just got off the phone with 2 dealers both are saying two different things ... what's infuriating is that i could have a chosen a different dealership to give my deposit to and hold my spot on the list over a year ago had I known they would fumble it ...and this whole randomly chosen customers via honda websites doesn't make sense....this isn't a lotto jackpot...i understand first come first serve that's only fair but why the random selection... not sure what to do anymore

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
Thanks for summarizing it, thats exactly what just happened I just got off the phone with 2 dealers both are saying two different things ... what's infuriating is that i could have a chosen a different dealership to give my deposit to and hold my spot on the list over a year ago had I known they would fumble it ...and this whole randomly chosen customers via honda websites doesn't make sense....this isn't a lotto jackpot...i understand first come first serve that's only fair but why the random selection... not sure what to do anymore
I've had two dealerships contact me the same day, one told me they won't be able to get me a car in 2023 (I was 2nd or 3rd on the list) and other said they are guaranteed one allocation for first round of orders. That kind of lines up imo. but hey let's keep waiting, we still need price announcement and for cars to arrive in Canada.

ζƒΉRaizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
I'm not big on spending money on stuff where I'll never realize a difference in terms of performance, but...

1666630049845.png

1666630098439.png
Hate the standard wing. But its better than the other one imo.

if I ever get a type R, thats the first thing I’ll change. Will wait for the Voltex one. πŸ˜‚