• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Lol, right on - if anything, the car may appreciate the first couple of years.
If the FK8 and current TLX Type S are anything to go by these will be worth more than what you paid even if you paid mark up, unless you paid like $20k+ over.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
Who's to say it would be valued 10k less than what's left on the loan?
That's fair. I suppose I'm just trying to say to me it is not worth 10k over sticker. Not knocking anyone that pays over, it's their money. But no amount of mental gymnastics makes a 10k markup make sense to me.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
That's fair. I suppose I'm just trying to say to me it is not worth 10k over sticker. Not knocking anyone that pays over, it's their money. But no amount of mental gymnastics makes a 10k markup make sense to me.
Relative to other builds it absolutely does. Perf wise as good as the last gen m2 comp w a better interior and clutch. Add inflation and current market and it absolutely commands that price. Now,I personally would not pay that but it is what it is. Id hold for the teggy s in that case.

Timmmmmm13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 2014
Agree to disagree. I'm a huge fan of the type R and plan to get one. It is not worth more than 45k. At the end of the day that's a choice everyone has to make, but I'd love to invite you ADM boys and girls to my garage sale this spring.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
These not worth it comments are very silly to me. Why isn't it worth anything over 45? Why not 46 or 43? You know the label has nothing to do with transaction prices which the market dictates right? Likely costs Honda around 30 to build one and net cost prolly around 40-41 if you are a dealer. Why are the non markup folks even willing to pay MSRP? And the ones that are firm on MSRP because that is what it's worth principles and so on and are actually able to get one what happens if you decide to sell in a year and the market says it's worth 55 used? Will you still sell for MSRP because of your principles?

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
These not worth it comments are very silly to me. Why isn't it worth anything over 45? Why not 46 or 43? You know the label has nothing to do with transaction prices which the market dictates right? Likely costs Honda around 30 to build one and net cost prolly around 40-41 if you are a dealer. Why are the non markup folks even willing to pay MSRP? And the ones that are firm on MSRP because that is what it's worth principles and so on and are actually able to get one what happens if you decide to sell in a year and the market says it's worth 55 used? Will you still sell for MSRP because of your principles?
Well said.

Some of the comments that get me are the ones that are like 'it's your money to spend how you want' or say something in relation to 'if that's what they want to pay let them be'. Then it's those very same people that are subliminally dissing people for spending their money how they want lol.

I'm all for wanting MSRP to be a thing, but say dealers did only sell at MSRP, what's stopping your neighbor from simply buying and flipping at the price dealers are going to make you pay or even more?

PS5s have been in this situation for 2 years, you literally cannot ever find one unless you go on facebook marketplace for an extra hundred bucks.

Not saying the two are comparable, but...capitalism rules America. We know this lol

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
My Boost Blue arrives between 12/1 and 12/5! Sounds like it is in California right now.

WeudS

First Name
Daoud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 RR CTR, (Sold)2021 RR CTR, 2011 Tahoe LTZ
10k extra sucks but, Its a price I'd pay over no car. The brits are literally getting a £47k MSRP. That's a little over 56k in USD.

JBO

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cayman GT4 | 2015 Fiesta ST
46995 gbp = 56k usd (GB has no ADM)
72600 aud = 48k usd (AUS has no ADM)
69000 nzd = 43k usd (NZ has no ADM)

Note - Aus price INCLUDES on-road costs.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Its straight up worth what folks are willing to pay. Its called capitalism and there is nothing better on the planet.

Free market enterprise baby!

Last edited: