• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I think they are just guessing. All most anytime legit info is provided to anyone it gets leaked and I've yet to hear anything from any of the forums, Reddit or FB.
Sponsored

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I am also skeptical that there are any details out there, and it does sound like he is assuming Blazing Orange Pearl from the Si is coming to the Type R (and then otherwise just black? Sounds weird). Not sure if that will happen, but not going to lie, BOP may be the pick for me if so. It's a bit funny that they would bring an 'exclusive' Si colour to another model, but the same thing happened with Boost Blue.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
I am also skeptical that there are any details out there, and it does sound like he is assuming Blazing Orange Pearl from the Si is coming to the Type R (and then otherwise just black? Sounds weird). Not sure if that will happen, but not going to lie, BOP may be the pick for me if so. It's a bit of a bummer they would take an 'exclusive' Si colour to another model, but the same thing happened with Boost Blue.

Agreed, I could see them sharing a Si exclusive color after sharing a Type R exclusive.

ccdd000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E250
i'm in western Canada, put down deposit 2 month ago. There are few dealerships here, only 1 can do pre-order CTR, others saying it's too early. But the one I deal with is bad, asking for 5K deposit and add bunch additions. but they do say they sold 5 CTR last year so i guess the chance is high that's why they are firm on the pre-order request.

Whitsel7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Accord Sport 2.0T
My local dealership is accepting reservations and NOT taking deposits. Iā€™m number 21 on the list šŸ˜³

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
My local dealership is accepting reservations and NOT taking deposits. Iā€™m number 21 on the list šŸ˜³
Which area are you in? I called some place near Chicago about a month ago and they had 20+ in line as well. Its nuts out there.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
How confident are they on those two colors being the production colors for the 2023 CTR?
I highly doubt that they know. Dealerships usually will just tell you whatever you want to hear because they are trying to rope you in. There are Toyota dealers who are accepting an insane number of deposits for the GR Corolla Circuit Edition which far exceeds its production. 99% of the time for cars like this the buyer knows more about the car than anyone at the dealership.

Would be cool if Honda offered it orange though. I want mine in Championship white.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I highly doubt that they know. Dealerships usually will just tell you whatever you want to hear because they are trying to rope you in. There are Toyota dealers who are accepting an insane number of deposits for the GR Corolla Circuit Edition which far exceeds its production. 99% of the time for cars like this the buyer knows more about the car than anyone at the dealership.

Would be cool if Honda offered it orange though. I want mine in Championship white.
Ive talked to a quite a few and nobody knows anything at this point. Seems like there is a lot of excitement on their part as well (not just for the markup šŸ¤Ŗ) as fellow enthusiasts. It really bites that we don't know anything yet but this one will be worth it when we do.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Well, had some significant changes in the financial situation between the GF and I (for the better thankfully), and I have unfortunately had to cancel my Type R order as we are going to be getting into a house. For those in line at Image Honda in Hamilton, you're all moved up one spot now lol. Will still be checking in here out of pure habit after 15 months of checking nearly every day haha.

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Welp, I just put down another deposit on a dealership in Indiana (fairly close to the Honda plant). I'm 11th in line and they have sold more than 15 Type R over 2 years. And I'm pretty hopeful that my number will get lower as people give up on waiting or get the color they don't want.

This time around, they promised that they will do MSRP and just sent me a confirmation on the pricing that they will sell it to me with MSRP w/o add-ons or markups.

So this is all I can do at the moment. Feel good about the price and pray people will ditch out from the waiting list. And.... the wait goes on!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Anyone know when dealers typically get info on allocations once the car is revealed?
Sponsored