• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Exactly, hence why I’m likely gonna go for the new M2 haha
The new m2 is going to be sick…I’d personally stay with the ctr considering the long term reliability and practicality. But you can’t go wrong with the new m2

atlcivic

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1M
The new m2 is going to be sick…I’d personally stay with the ctr considering the long term reliability and practicality. But you can’t go wrong with the new m2
Trust me I’m trying. I want a manual car that’s reliable and more practical in terms of space and the type r fits the bill so I’m really hoping I can find one at a reasonable price. I didn’t realize it would be harder to get a Honda than a bmw. I can get a bmw at msrp all day, and possibly a discount. I know the civic type r is limited but the production numbers aren’t that much different than the M2.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
M2 will be incredible but for nearly 80grand it better be.
Being a 2 door with no room in the back it definitely has a different suitor. I bet its fast as can be and can push the back end out with the power but also weights nearly two tons.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
My dealer said they would get allocations mid august and cars in September. They said I could be 1st on the list but they’re charging $15k over msrp. Wow! No thanks. Told them I’d consider at 5k.
Ill go out in a limb and say this R will be worth more 10 years from now than what it was originally purchased for.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
anyone know of east coast dealers close to DC that has it at MSRP? I don't mind paying extras for Ceramic and clear bras.

Blackhalo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GSR
We all are lol
Yep.

And I'm looking all over the whole country. On a few lists at smaller dealers for MSRP. But those dealers are telling me they are struggling to get inventory on just about everything at this point... so odds aren't great at the moment for me.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Looking for this too
Anybody know if any fl5 will be below $19k markup in CA? /s @Whitboy82 🙃

But in all honesty, unless you already found a dealer in the past year to put a deposit on, your chances of finding msrp is slim to none the US, ubless you dont account mandatory add ons as markup. The way this car is being hyped and limited, add chip shortage and all the affluent kids graduating high-school yearly, everybody's in America has $ to burn. At this point if you can find a type r for $10k over, it's a deal unfortunately...

Scottyy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R

But in all honesty, unless you already found a dealer in the past year to put a deposit on, your chances of finding msrp is slim to none the US, ubless you dont account mandatory add ons as markup. The way this car is being hyped and limited, add chip shortage and all the affluent kids graduating high-school yearly, everybody's in America has $ to burn. At this point if you can find a type r for $10k over, it's a deal unfortunately...
honestly not even looking for msrp cause i know it will be slim, just not 6k over is all.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
The way this car is being hyped and limited, add chip shortage and all the affluent kids graduating high-school yearly, everybody's in America has $ to burn. At this point if you can find a type r for $10k over, it's a deal unfortunately...
Yeah, there isn't exactly a lot of other options if you want a manual 4 door sports car

You can get an Elantra N, CT4-V Blackwing, Golf R, or M3.

The Blackwing is unobtainium, M3 is twice the price, and the Elantra N is going to feel like a huge compromise.

The Golf R is probably closest... but so conservative, and the steering wheel controls are a bit of a mess. Plus it has a shorter wheelbase, so not as good for road tripping as the others mentioned. I really don't find myself lusting after one at all.

M2 will be incredible but for nearly 80grand it better be.
I think this is where I am headed, but man... big price jump :(

I am also starting to worry about mortgage rates. In a couple years when I renew, is my rate going to be 7%, lol. Hard to drop M2 money in the face of that.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST

Not in California, but I know where I’m going lol
Sponsored