• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MuckyBarnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
So frustrated, I have a deposit it at one dealer who GM says no one will know what allocations they will get until August called another dealer told be they are getting 3 over 3 years and I would be 4th in line after those filled and another dealer told me it will be a lottery system. These were all upper management…does anyone actually know what is going on or are they pulling this information out of their ass! 😡
This is going to be such a pain in the ass.

I'm #3 at one dealership, and I think #13 at another? But they don't know anything about allocation, and haven't alluded to a lottery or anything like that.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
This is going to be such a pain in the ass.

I'm #3 at one dealership, and I think #13 at another? But they don't know anything about allocation, and haven't alluded to a lottery or anything like that.
Agreed. Despite what’s some Honda employees have posted in these forums in regards to Canada, all the dealers have told me different things. Either no one truly knows or only certain dealers were given secret information which sounds absurd. Nothing we can do but wait.

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
Talked to a dealer in north Florida this morning. Said to come back first week of august since they don’t have allocations and not allowing anyone to make a deposit. They are saying the markup will be $10k over MSRP at this time but don’t know the official MSRP yet. Hope this helps.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431 - Sold
The information shared by the dealer I have a deposit down with, is consistent with what's been shared by the Honda employees on this forum. 3 year run, and they are expecting 7 over that period.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
The information shared by the dealer I have a deposit down with, is consistent with what's been shared by the Honda employees on this forum. 3 year run, and they are expecting 7 over that period.
This is what is frustrating. If they know their allocation, other dealers should too. So I feel like someone is lying 🫠

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
So frustrated, I have a deposit it at one dealer who GM says no one will know what allocations they will get until August called another dealer told be they are getting 3 over 3 years and I would be 4th in line after those filled and another dealer told me it will be a lottery system. These were all upper management…does anyone actually know what is going on or are they pulling this information out of their ass! 😡
I think you might still get a chance as someone might just pull out once it launches! Either because of its look, its price, or the guy simply just put his deposit on multiple dealers, who knows.
In my case, I have put my name on around 10 dealers. Among those, only 2 are willing to take my deposit. One said I am the 5th and another said I am in the top 3. Even so, I am still looking around and will only stop when I actually get a real paper order placed.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Another dealership in Calgary just told me that they haven’t been told their allocation, yet another confirmed the 500ish Canada is getting and that they only get 1 next year and 2 in 2025.

Hopefully Honda sees that there is a greater demand in Canada than they first thought and allocates more in the coming years.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Another dealership in Calgary just told me that they haven’t been told their allocation, yet another confirmed the 500ish Canada is getting and that they only get 1 next year and 2 in 2025.

Hopefully Honda sees that there is a greater demand in Canada than they first thought and allocates more in the coming years.
To compare to the US, any idea how many FK8’s Canada got?

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
To compare to the US, any idea how many FK8’s Canada got?
Apparently Canada got approx. 400 FK8s per year.
USA avged about 4800 FK8s per year.

Rumour has it Canada will only get 540 over 3 years so 180 FL5 per year.

Hopefully all that is because of parts supply shortage and it gets sorted out early resulting in higher production numbers but eehhh, we'll see.

SNC.84

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000 (sold), 2022 Toyota Sienna XSE
I had to register to speak on the foolishness I encountered today. This might be the most egregious attempted sale I’ve ever witnessed.

Avoid Easy Honda in Houston, TX.

Maybe I’m the dummy and they’ve always been meth-smokers, but Easy Honda isn’t in our solar system when it comes to pricing the Type-R.

Ive been sending out feeler emails around Texas to see if any news became available (I wasn’t expecting any)… most emails were “we don’t have anything yet but will reach back out to you.”

Easy Honda in an email mentioned they were doing a preorder on theType-R… already a bit odd, as no one knows anything official, but figured it’s just a deposit to get in some “line”. So I call.

Long story short, check these numbers, they quoted me. I had the guy on the phone repeat this 4 times because I was flabbergasted!

Price:

* $5000 down (NONREFUNDEABLE) - 1st red flag
* 2-3 in line (supposedly someone in Washington DC was also talking with them..)
* MSRP + $40,000 Markup - all the flags, everything red.

Read that again. FORTY THOUSAND over MSRP.

I almost threw my phone across the parking lot. Sales guy tried to tell me “but this is a guaranteed spot and their only making 100-120 for the US”.

I might have flipped over all the desks in the dealership and in IKEA, if I went in person to hear this insanity.

$40,000 over for ANYTHING is pure lunacy!

Anyways… maybe they wanted to waste my time, but Easy Honda in Houston, TX have lost their minds. Never in this life would I pay $85-$90K for a Honda Civic.

Ive at least removed them from my list. Smh.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Wow, just wow. So bad and so much wrong with this.

Let me get this straight, Honda only making 200-300 and “Easy Honda” can guarantee 3 of those allocations? Complete BS.

Makes me wonder if someone was tired of fielding calls snd just intentionally started messing with customers for fun.

Nobody knows the quantity or allocations in the US yet.

Id call the GM and if that sales person really did represent Easy policy, go to the district and then to Corporate just to report them.
Sponsored