• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
In terms of quality, availability, catalog yes. If I had stupid $$ and wanted to make the ultimate OEM+ JDM FL5 I would Def put spoon as my #1 goto. But their shit is mad $$$$$

I believe if you get all their parts u can be certified a SPOON vehicle which comes with a certificate or something, increases resale value like NUTS. Correct me if I'm wrong here gents.
I thought Mugen works closely with Honda OEM to produce parts, and they also work on Honda race cars including F1.
Sponsored

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
The place I have a deposit down has said I would receive my car in a time frame between November and January. Honestly, who knows at this point. Itā€™s fun checking this thread every hour though for new unsubstantiated rumors haha.
Is it a small or large dealer? And what place in line are you?

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Is it a small or large dealer? And what place in line are you?
I am first in line at a small dealership in Alabama. I was allowed to place a deposit about 2 months ago. I was told that Honda would likely start production of the vehicle in October. Now, how true is this? I have no idea. Iā€™ve read so many different things at this point, Iā€™ve accepted that Iā€™ll see the car when I have the keys haha. Iā€™m quite excited though! Ready to get rid of this MK8 Golf R.

Last edited:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I am first in line at a small dealership in Alabama. I was allowed to place a deposit about 2 months ago. I was told that Honda would like start production of the vehicle in October. Now, how true is this? I have no idea. Iā€™ve read so many different things at this point, Iā€™ve accepted that Iā€™ll see the car when I have the keys haha. Iā€™m quite excited though! Ready to get rid of this MK8 Golf R.
Speaking of keys, I wonder if it'll be one of those "we only have so many chips, so you only get one key for now" sort of thing

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Does anyone here have multiple deposits at multiple dealers?
I can't get one dealership to take my deposit, let alone multiple. Every dealership I've talked to in the Southwest requires a VIN in the system before they'll take a deposit.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I can't get one dealership to take my deposit, let alone multiple. Every dealership I've talked to in the Southwest requires a VIN in the system before they'll take a deposit.
not deposits, but Iā€™m on 3 lists at the top

2 in my state, 1 outside who confirmed theyā€™re okay doing an out of state deal. Playing the waiting game on which shows up first lol

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I thought Mugen works closely with Honda OEM to produce parts, and they also work on Honda race cars including F1.
That used to be true, but it's no longer the case. Honda's F1 engines are now made by HRC (Honda Racing Corporation), and Mugen is slowly getting phased out on the accessory end by Honda Modulo and Honda Access. As others have said, Mugen is a shell of its former self.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Thatā€™s what I was told multiple times as well. Kept on them, requested to talk to sales manager. Explained the intentions even though theirs still uncertainty and they took the deposit.

Many already have too many deposits down (from the ones I called) but some medium to smaller ones do not.

One dealer is MSRP plus $1200 ppf and another is MSRP $3,000 which I talked them down from $5,000ā€¦.hoping to double my chances or color preference. Both refundable.

Only found one true at MSRP no add ons, Serra Honda in Michigan but they have too many deposits already.

Most dealers I feel are 5-10k over MSRP šŸ™„

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I am first in line at a small dealership in Alabama. I was allowed to place a deposit about 2 months ago. I was told that Honda would likely start production of the vehicle in October. Now, how true is this? I have no idea. Iā€™ve read so many different things at this point, Iā€™ve accepted that Iā€™ll see the car when I have the keys haha. Iā€™m quite excited though! Ready to get rid of this MK8 Golf R.
Happy to get rid of the MK8?! What are you not liking about it?

DominicHonda

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX, 2023 Honda HR-V EX-L
I donā€™t know where people have said they will be getting one straight after orderingā€¦ I know people in the US, were hopeful our dealer allocations would open up in September sometime, with deliveries to follow late October to Novemberā€¦ if you call 2-3 months, ā€œright afterā€ then our versions of English are more different, than I thought.
So, to clarify, youā€™re saying the entire world wonā€™t be getting the Type R until January or later, correct?
Also, there is currently a Type R, thatā€™s been photographed, in Los Angeles, sitting in an apartment complex, with plates on itā€¦
The Civic at the apartment complex is clearly one of the press release cars from July 20. It is not a production customer car.

You don't understand that even the cars Honda lets us request (once per month(August 15th)) in August are allocations in Sepember and don't have build dates until October/November and once they're built they take 30-45 days to get here assuming they're built in the continental United States

Now imagine they DO get ordered in September, they will be built December and arrive Late January? They need to come over here on a boat.

My inventory manager is privy to all information Honda provides and they have not
I REPEAT
H A V E N O T
given us a definite order that we will be allowed to order these Civic Type R's. Any dealers who say September are trying to act smart they don't actually have information. And even if they're wrong they can just say "sorry, Honda pushed it back"

Just giving false hope
$50 bet still stands

Sorry for rant

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
FK8 revealed Mar 7, 2017...1st unit sold 3 months later in June
FL5 revealed July 20, 2022...1st unit sells 3 months later in Oct

I'll take you up on that offer :)
Cars are being built now; they will be loaded on boats as orders go in.

Still good to take you up on that offer šŸ˜‰

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Iā€™m still taking that bet lol

Hicks2seven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I've spoken to 5 or 6 dealers in my area that have added me to their list but aren't taking down payments. I've discussed ballpark market adjustments and have heard $10K and $20K numbers.

Today I reached out to a smaller dealer that is a bit further away but still in my state. They told me they plan to mark up $5K and I'd be first on their list with a $500 (refundable) down payment. I'm considering it, but the fact that this is a smaller dealer, I may be waiting an extended period. Still, paying anything over MSRP will be a very difficult pill to swallow.

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
I've spoken to 5 or 6 dealers in my area that have added me to their list but aren't taking down payments. I've discussed ballpark market adjustments and have heard $10K and $20K numbers.

Today I reached out to a smaller dealer that is a bit further away but still in my state. They told me they plan to mark up $5K and I'd be first on their list with a $500 (refundable) down payment. I'm considering it, but the fact that this is a smaller dealer, I may be waiting an extended period. Still, paying anything over MSRP will be a very difficult pill to swallow.
legally the law treats deposits and down payments differently if you were to ask for a refund. Deposits are refundable, and down payments are not. Deposits are to take claim on something. Down payments are treated as a payment toward something. If dealers are a-holes they dont have to refund the down payment. Just saying.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

I think that Honda will see that every dealer gets one in as quick a time as possible before overly feeding the others. That's my from my FK8 experience. I work at a small dealer. Obviously these are different times.
Sponsored