• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Im still sticking to orders in October and shit - they may have some cars delivered in the same month!!!

That means pricing etc in next couple of weeks. Maybe say October 1st? Embargo released same time. And the trifecta- ring news!

If not we RIOT!! :bat::bat::flame:

:rofl:
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I keep waiting for some of the YouTube car reviewers Demuro, TSP, Matt Maran, TDIB, etc to give a wink to upcoming Type R reviews, because normally when something gets close, they’ll make a small wink towards that being imminent, but haven’t seemed to find anything like that yet. Here’s to hoping they’re all just really good poker players.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Richmond is where Honda imports from Japan. I guess that's obvious at this point.

I can check the IN in a bit. I'm confident there is no action there yet.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Quoting post #1 of this thread made almost a year ago. We’ve come a long way and we are almost there.

“I know we are still months away but has anyone talked to their dealer about getting the new Type R?”

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Matt Maran is live right now and I asked him through chat when media drives will be. He was hesitant to answer, not knowing if he can give exact date but said expect November. He confirmed he was invited.
So an announcement in October, followed by mid November lifted embargo reviews, and late November early December deliveries. That’s what I’m going with.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
So an announcement in October, followed by mid November lifted embargo reviews, and late November early December deliveries. That’s what I’m going with.
Id be blown away if ordering did not start mid October. That would mean info and maybe some reviews in next three weeks. I know Matt may have mentioned November for media but we all know that CTR w California plates has been seen in multiple states and would not surprise me if the Topher, Raitti, and several others may have already had a taste of the type R by early October.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Id be blown away if ordering did not start mid October. That would mean info and maybe some reviews in next three weeks. I know Matt may have mentioned November for media but we all know that CTR w California plates has been seen in multiple states and would not surprise me if the Topher, Raitti, and several others may have already had a taste of the type R by early October.
The end is in sight.

Xchax3

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP '23 Civic Type R #711
Just got a call from Honda de San Juan where I live here in PR. Apparently they're finalizing an order with a top 2 color preference from me after I put down the $5,000 refundable deposit. I had made a $478 refundable deposit that covers the registration and tag (that's how it works in PR I've come to find out) three months ago to separate/reserve a spot.

I'm not complaining but I'm wondering if any of you guys got a call to do that after your initial deposit like I did just now.

I'm guessing most guys dropped the several thousand fee as a deposit a while ago and the dealer takes care of the rest. Each dealer just probably does it differently.

P.S. I called back and apparently they're receiving 20 that enters the San Juan port and is distributed among the other dealers on the island and the Virgin Islands. Just a heads up from someone who moved away from the mainland.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Honda Pro Jason just posted a video with a parking lot full of FL5’s at the Richmond, CA port 🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣🫣

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Lmao…I was just going to say but you realized it