• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Haha. You didn’t know? Honda is personally shipping Type Rs, to the US, but only for special customers.
That makes sense. I'm super special.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
I thought everyone knew they already shipped them to NA. You mean you don't have yours in your garage right now too?

Geez that sucks, mine is parked next to my factory turbo GR86 and my daughters unicorn.

🤪

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I thought everyone knew they already shipped them to NA. You mean you don't have yours in your garage right now too?

Geez that sucks, mine is parked next to my factory turbo GR86 and my daughters unicorn.

🤪
Ok, I want my unicorn in championship white!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Sidebar - i made an instagram account and only after a few weeks the thing has teed up tons of three kinds of videos -

1. FL5s and FK8’s
2. Beautiful Japanese women
3. Puppies

WTF - how does that happen?!? Not saying I don’t appreciate the themes but what an algo.
You should know by now that F-book and Google AI listen to everything you say near your phone and read everything you type. Why do you think you get ads for stuff you only talked about and didn't actually search?

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Aka… of course not.
One dealership told me that seeing the VIN isn't always the case. They told me that Honda sometimes will send the car without any prior notification and it literally just shows up. They told me that Honda has been doing this to prevent bidding wars at dealerships

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
One dealership told me that seeing the VIN isn't always the case. They told me that Honda sometimes will send the car without any prior notification and it literally just shows up. They told me that Honda has been doing this to prevent bidding wars at dealerships
Yikes! This can't be good right?
I tried to think, but nothing is happening :confused1:

Crux_03

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport
The dealership where I placed my deposit told me the same thing.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Interesting. Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if this happens. My experience getting my last Honda (an Accord, but still) was that I “ordered” one and then one day about a month later I get a call out of the blue and am told it arrived at the dealer and was ready to go. Also the launch of CRV this year seems to have happened slowly and then very quickly. As many others have said, at this point it’s just a waiting game with an uncertain end point.

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
Ill pull on that loose end…The yen is in reaaaally bad shape vs the dollar and keeps getting worse. I wonder if any of that translates to final US pricing?
Honda imports a lot of parts and materials, so the cost to build increases as the yen weakens as well. The net effect on US pricing is probably not that huge.

How, after someone posts a picture of an FL5 in Michigan, does nobody respond to that, but everyone keeps talking about art and instagram account preferences? What is happening to us!?
FWIW it looks like the same demo unit that people have been spotting for the last month or so. Nothing has been connected to any of the sightings, so there's not too much to get excited about.

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
I wonder if that’s a Car & Driver vehicle. Their office is literally minutes away from that expensive gas station. Honda has a Research center about 10 min from there that does V2X and automated driving research amougst other stuff probably.