• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kash338

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
So I’m guessing that means smaller dealerships who aren’t expected to get any of the initial batch won’t hear anything right? Not even when to expect a car in the future?
I'm working with a couple of the smaller honda dealers on getting a type r. One in particular, that has sold quite a few type rs over the past two years told me that the smaller dealerships usually have to tell the district if they have interested buyers in order to get one or two. Now that of course doesn't mean that they will get one of the first batches and it doesn't mean that they will know when they will get one but I thought I would share what one my local dealers said. Point is, try to stay in contact with the small dealerships and see if they can strike gold
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I’m just trying to figure out at what point dealerships (without deposits) will finally receive VINs, so I can attempt to get one. But guess it will literally be one second before the cars hit the lots.
I understand. I'll do my best to share info... but in my experiences the public knows the same things we do.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I understand. I'll do my best to share info... but in my experiences the public knows the same things we do.
Hey, all of you working in this industry, on this forum, have done so much already to keep people in the loop. I’m not complaining, I’m thankful. Just hoping there will be some sort of heads up for us without deposits…

Juniiorr914

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Got an update for you guys, source has been reliable in the past but take it with a VERY big grain of salt.

Allegedly GMs and GSMs of Honda dealerships should have an idea of how many FL5s they’ll be allocated over the next coming week. Actual numbers won’t be verified officially until November. MSRP, previously unannounced specs and options go live after Media drives in Early November. Some dealerships will not receive an FL5. The dealerships that’ll receive the most FL5s are the ones that sold the most FK8s and consistently have the lowest turn around time for civics.

They expect to produce 4800 FL5s (Subject to change but that’s currently forecast) per year for the entire world with the US getting 50% of that.

In no particular order; here’s a list of dealerships that consistently shift the most metal
  • Paragon Honda
  • Norm Reeves Honda
  • Braman Honda
  • Rick Case Honda
  • DCH Paramus Honda
  • Kelly Honda
  • Roush Honda
  • First Texas Honda
  • Galpin Honda
  • Mohawk Honda
  • Honda of New Rochelle
  • Brickell Honda
  • Coral Springs Honda
  • Lindsay Honda
Being from New Rochelle, I’m letting anyone know that this dealership will have a guaranteed market adjustment of at least 10k. When I got my FK8 in 2019 they tried to charge me 15k over. Things might have changed in the recent years plus what salesman you get. Good luck to everyone 🤝🏼

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I'm working with a couple of the smaller honda dealers on getting a type r. One in particular, that has sold quite a few type rs over the past two years told me that the smaller dealerships usually have to tell the district if they have interested buyers in order to get one or two. Now that of course doesn't mean that they will get one of the first batches and it doesn't mean that they will know when they will get one but I thought I would share what one my local dealers said. Point is, try to stay in contact with the small dealerships and see if they can strike gold

Unless that deposit has a confirmation that the dealership will honor the agreed upon price. Deposits really hold little to no weight. At the very least it means the dealership will call you when they have something concrete.

psyborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Guess it's going to be hard to be picky with colors if your on the list in fear of missing out on the fl5 at all. Is it typically easy for dealers to swap colors with nearby dealers?

I really want white but I'm thinking it might be better to take any color and look for a possible trade in for another fl5 in the future.
I'd trade you my Canadian white for a blue any day. Y'know, assuming we get them.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Can you expand? What information exactly are we hoping to know?
It is very possible to see allocations tomorrow or Tuesday show up

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
I say it’s very likely, IF they are going to show on allocation list then tomorrow would be it considering cars are at the port, parts are in the system and available for order, etc

unless of course they’re just going to ship them out and let us know a few days before we get them lol

I would like to know what color I have coming though

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I say it’s very likely, IF they are going to show on allocation list then tomorrow would be it considering cars are at the port, parts are in the system and available for order, etc

unless of course they’re just going to ship them out and let us know a few days before we get them lol

I would like to know what color I have coming though
Would they need to provide pricing as well?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Stay chill.

Best that can happen is hey... you're getting a CTR and here is the color. At which point a dealer can say I would prefer this color. A few days later after the dust settles... you know what you're getting.

What gives pause is that there are cars in Richmond. So this can happen differently. Don't get too hype, yet.
Sponsored