• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
For ATL peeps, Ed Voyles has an SGP asking 12k over, $56,385 sales price. Too much for me but in case anyone is really hankering to pay that much ADM, have at it.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2002 Honda CR-V
Hey guys, won't call myself a longtime lurker as I've been somewhat chipping in every month or so lol, just needed some advice. I was going to ask that anyone who gets any leads on a Championship White under 55k OTD DM me unless they wanted it. In my head 55k OTD is my max limit for the car. Should equate to about 7-8k markup if I'm not wrong. I'm ready to wait as it snows a lot in Maine where I'm currently at, but I'm getting serious FOMO at this point so idk.........I've got a 2002 CR-V I'm modifying a bit every now and then but now the want for a brand new car is just taking over. I'm an international student who just started working last year as an engineer so I'm trying to figure what should be a good price to pay for the car, as back home in India we don't have markups, so this is a whole new world of markups for me. Any advice from all you experienced peeps is much appreciated. Is the 55k OTD pushing it? Or is it good price for someone who just started working and just turned 23? To help, I just about earn 6 figures gross annually, am happily single, have no loans, don't plan on purchasing a house at least for the next 3-4 years, and don't have much to spend other than on my CR-V. Doesn't mean I want to spend crazy money on the car, but what would be a reasonable markup I should stomach? I get that I can get XYZ cars for X amount of markup on the Type R, but I don't want any other car, but then again I don't want to feel bad when a guy turns up in let's say a Z4 or Supra or whatever and we paid about the same money for the cars. It's complicated and contradictory haha but that's why I'm asking you guys for some guidance. Thanks in advance.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very difficult to get anything under 10k markups which is not presold.......also I'm ready to get any color I want and then wrap it but then again wraps are not cheap so anything even at MSRP for a color I don't want is basically equivalent to paying a markup. Based on wrap prices I would say 2-3k markups max for a color I don't want.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I'd get a Supra if I were you lol.

Once upon a time, I was like you - fresh out of school, making decent money, single...so I bought an S2000 and it was a great ownership experience until I finally had to sell it once I settled down and had a family. Now I need 4 doors, hence the CTR. But the Supra may be the better driving experience...

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

Once upon a time, I was like you - fresh out of school, making decent money, single...so I bought an S2000 and it was a great ownership experience until I finally had to sell it once I settled down and had a family. Now I need 4 doors, hence the CTR. But the Supra may be the better driving experience...
Listen here mister, we’re gonna need you to put logic aside. Mans drug of choice is Type R let him indulge in Type R. We aren’t gathered here to make sensible choices. Bad decisions is the order of the day around these parts.

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Hey guys, won't call myself a longtime lurker as I've been somewhat chipping in every month or so lol, just needed some advice. I was going to ask that anyone who gets any leads on a Championship White under 55k OTD DM me unless they wanted it. In my head 55k OTD is my max limit for the car. Should equate to about 7-8k markup if I'm not wrong. I'm ready to wait as it snows a lot in Maine where I'm currently at, but I'm getting serious FOMO at this point so idk.........I've got a 2002 CR-V I'm modifying a bit every now and then but now the want for a brand new car is just taking over. I'm an international student who just started working last year as an engineer so I'm trying to figure what should be a good price to pay for the car, as back home in India we don't have markups, so this is a whole new world of markups for me. Any advice from all you experienced peeps is much appreciated. Is the 55k OTD pushing it? Or is it good price for someone who just started working and just turned 23? To help, I just about earn 6 figures gross annually, am happily single, have no loans, don't plan on purchasing a house at least for the next 3-4 years, and don't have much to spend other than on my CR-V. Doesn't mean I want to spend crazy money on the car, but what would be a reasonable markup I should stomach? I get that I can get XYZ cars for X amount of markup on the Type R, but I don't want any other car, but then again I don't want to feel bad when a guy turns up in let's say a Z4 or Supra or whatever and we paid about the same money for the cars. It's complicated and contradictory haha but that's why I'm asking you guys for some guidance. Thanks in advance.
How quickly are you willing to travel to acquire le Type R?

DarthTrizzle

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
You should never feel badly about not owning a z4. Most likely the guy in the Supra still paid more for his car.

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I am keeping the CR-V. I have spent more on it than I bought it for. That takes care of the practical car but again it's not exactly a car I would be proud turning up to a party as it's old and not exactly what I would call a corner carver. It would serve more as a car for the snow days or to take on some light trails. So I still need a practical but cool, fun to drive car. Also my bad I forgot to mention I miss driving a manual as most cars are manual in India. And Hondas have always been the mecca of manual gearboxes for us in India plus the fact that they put so much thought into refining the gearbox just seals the deal for me. Plus there's the fact that it's a Honda so reliability is a given and it won't break the bank if something does go wrong, so no Germans or Americans for me at this point. Supras are cool but not exactly my type. Not looking at 2 doors at the moment. Maybe sometime down the road. I have been exploring the US, taking road trips across the country with my friends so I need the 4 doors. Not looking at anything else than a Type R.

Last edited:

VPMotors

First Name
Vivek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How quickly are you willing to travel to acquire le Type R?
I'll catch a flight now and camp outside the dealership if you get me a Championship White Type R at MSRP. I believe (or atleast I like to) that I might be the person who has called the most dealers in this country. Getting calls from California to Florida to New Hampshire. There was a day when I called 47 dealerships. This was before the Type R finder came in. I think my current total is around 300 dealerships. Unfortunately people have been getting in line ever since 2021 and I started this in late July.
Sponsored