ttccnn49
Senior Member
- Thread starter
- #1
Hey everyone,
I’m currently planning a comprehensive transmission overhaul and track-oriented upgrade for my 2023 (FL5) after experiencing 1st gear pop-out issues.
Before getting everything, I’d love to get feedback, sanity-checks, or additional recommendations from the track veterans and transmission experts here!
1. The Issue & Symptoms
Here is my list, AI did give suggestion, but I also have cross something out like shifter base bushing. and LSD is what I asked him to add lol.
Differential & Internals
Shifter Hardware & Detents
OEM Maintenance & Preventative Replacements
Fluid
Questions for the Community:
I’m currently planning a comprehensive transmission overhaul and track-oriented upgrade for my 2023 (FL5) after experiencing 1st gear pop-out issues.
Before getting everything, I’d love to get feedback, sanity-checks, or additional recommendations from the track veterans and transmission experts here!
1. The Issue & Symptoms
- Symptom: Occasional 1st-gear pop-out, especially under load or initial release of the clutch.
- Potential Causes: Likely a worn/damaged 1st gear sleeve/synchro, rounded engagement teeth (dog teeth), or weak factory detent spring tension allowing the selector rail to push back. AI analysis this may be connected to my money shifting with over-rev at Homestead and some spin at Daytona
- Dealer Response: Dealerships often label transmission internal issues as "driver error/wear-and-tear" or refuse coverage if the car has track use or aftermarket shift components. I brought the car to them, the charge $200 for diagnose. There were able to recreate the issue, but only suggestion is to change the gear oil. I asked them to check the cable & bushing, and it is fine. So I take the car back, not to spend more on them.
- Why No Warranty Route: To avoid endless back-and-forth, potential denied claims (over-rev), and long wait times for backordered OEM transaxles, I’ve decided to resolve this independently using upgraded aftermarket components for track reliability.
Here is my list, AI did give suggestion, but I also have cross something out like shifter base bushing. and LSD is what I asked him to add lol.
- OS Giken Super Lock LSD (1-Way, Spec-S): Part #HA082-HA (Configured for FF transaxle track use).
- Synchrotech Carbon Synchro Set (1st–4th): Purchased as individual 1st/2nd (SYN-FK8-1) and 3rd/4th (SYN-FK8-3) kits.
- Hybrid Racing Heavy-Duty Detent Springs: (HYB-DTS-01-06) To increase selector rail tension and combat pop-out.
- ACUiTY Shift Linkage Bushings: (1881) Eliminates rubber flex at the transaxle shift cables.
- ACUiTY Shifter Centering Spring: (1988) For crisp, precise 2-3 gate cross-overs on track.
- OEM Rear Main Seal: 91214-R36-003
- OEM Pilot Bearing: 91025-P07-004
- OEM Slave Cylinder Assy (Release Bearing): 46930-T60-A01
- OEM Flywheel Bolts (Qty 8): 90011-R40-000
- (Note: 1st gear gear/sleeve OEM replacements will be ordered post-tear-down if inspection shows teeth damage.)
- Motul Gear 300 75W-90 (Non-LS, PN: 105777): 3 Liters. Spec'd to maintain carbon synchro friction while safely lubricating the OS Giken LSD without FM additives.
- For those who faced 1st-gear pop-outs, did replacing the 1st/2nd sleeve + Hybrid Racing detent springs permanently solve it for you?
- Any other OEM "while-you're-in-there" seal or clip recommendations while the case is split open?
- Any feedback on Motul Gear 300 75W90 paired with OS Giken + Synchrotech carbon synchros on track?
- **Synchrotech Carbon Synchros question:** Can someone confirm if buying the 1st/2nd kit (`SYN-FK8-1`) + 3rd/4th kit (`SYN-FK8-3`) separately yields the exact same parts as the complete 1st–4th set (`SYN-FK8-1-4`)? The individual sub-kits save well over $100 compared to the full kit—just wanted to double-check if I'm missing any small hardware!
Sponsored