• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Did you land up getting one after that nefarious dealer?
TBD. Awaiting 2024 MY allocation details, if that comes in before my ITS or G87 deposits are filled I'll decide then.

Odds are ITS will be secured before the other 2, but waiting game on all my deposits ATM. Atleast I was smart enough to confirm in writing with GM on the ITS deposit in writing this time.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
While I know they are different cars Iā€™m more referring to the heritage/ultimate desirability. Iā€™m not an expert on Porsche but I know the GT3 tend to hold their value better than GT4. In the long term I expect the same for Type R vs. Type S.

In the short term I doubt it will matter much. The Type S will probably be a better daily driver.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
While I know they are different cars Iā€™m more referring to the heritage/ultimate desirability. Iā€™m not an expert on Porsche but I know the GT3 tend to hold their value better than GT4. In the long term I expect the same for Type R vs. Type S.

In the short term I doubt it will matter much. The Type S will probably be a better daily driver.
Ya, they aren't the same cars at all which is why I called it out.

I think the better and most accurate real world comparison is the Golf R and the Audi S3. Mk7 generation of the a golf R and the S3 were 95% identical. Only shell and interior were different. In this case their values were pretty much identical.

The mk8 gen is different in that the Golf R has better diffs which makes it much more appealing and sought after, but even then the prices and values are pretty similar respective of their MSRP.

If the ITS and CTR share all the same major components and performance hardware, I'm not sure how much more the CTR would be valued over the ITS.

Hell on bring a trailer a recently listed CTR couldn't even sell above the reserve of $48k USD.

I agree with u though, ITS is street focused and CTR track.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Your back! Haha!
Ya just popping in to check on ITS news TBH haha. Been trying to track down BMWs of late. M3 CS is making me rethink alot of things to try to see if I can afford it lol.

TDC50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Type R, C7 Corvette Grand Sport, Alfa Gulia
Happy that in this day and age of boring SUVā€™s that Honda is still putting out somewhat affordable manual transmission enthusiasts cars like the Type R and Type S.

With that said Iā€™d like to thank VW (GTI/Golf R), Toyota (BRZā€¦oh sorry GR86, Z4ā€¦ā€¦sorry again Supra, GR Corolla), Ford (Mustang) Subaru (BRZ) and Hyundai (Elantra N, Veloster going away) as well. Chevy is letting the difficult to see out of and nearly useless rear seat Camaro go away so they donā€™t get a thank you.

CTRifecta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Better comparison is the Porsche GT4 (CTR) and a cayman GTS 4.0 (Integra type S).

Both have the same motor and transmission but one is the pure track focused car with all the little things that makes it special, the other is still a great car but more street oriented

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really. Isnā€™t the GT4 still a Cayman? Iā€™m confused.

I guess what Iā€™m saying these two models are the top tier of Honda. There are no alternatives in these brands.

The resale value and prestige in the GT3 (911) and the GT4 (Cayman) are not the same relative to their MSRP. Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to say.

Sazabi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
I'm confused. Why would they have two of the same car? I don't really get their approach. Maybe its a way to boost Acura sales?

What would make sense is same engine, auto transmission, nicer seats, heated, ventilated, etc. A car with punch that the general populace would get. A rebadged CTR is doesn't make sense to me.

Also the Integra is probably going to be more expensive msrp. And these dealers WILL mark it up, so again what's the strategy here?

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I'm confused. Why would they have two of the same car? I don't really get their approach. Maybe its a way to boost Acura sales?
I think thereā€™s a couple strategies here. One is Honda has a strong brand as a reliable commuter car manufacturer in the US already, and I doubt the Type R would help sell more of the other Hondas (Honda isnā€™t trying to move upmarket). Acura on the other hand is trying to build a sporty brand image with all the Type S cars, so selling the CTR as an Acura would help boost Acuraā€˜s brand image and help it compete with other luxury brands.

The second strategy is Honda and Acura only have so much capacity to churn out cars, and the Honda plant seems maxed out making Type Rs for the japanese market. This way they can use their Acura line in the US to essentially churn out more ā€œtype Rsā€œ to meet north American demand.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The second strategy is Honda and Acura only have so much capacity to churn out cars, and the Honda plant seems maxed out making Type Rs for the japanese market. This way they can use their Acura line in the US to essentially churn out more ā€œtype Rsā€œ to meet north American demand.
I firmly believe this is the strategy. The US and Canada market will see the difference made up between the FL5 and FK8 sales with the Integra Type S. It will make the FL5 more exclusive and "raw" while still allowing them to capitalize on the larger markets that might prefer a softer ride and more creature comforts.

Everyone speculating that they will make 20K FL5's to match the FK8 volume are delusional. It will be a mix of the FL5 + ITS to make up the 20K volume.

randomFL5guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I firmly believe this is the strategy. The US and Canada market will see the difference made up between the FL5 and FK8 sales with the Integra Type S. It will make the FL5 more exclusive and "raw" while still allowing them to capitalize on the larger markets that might prefer a softer ride and more creature comforts.

Everyone speculating that they will make 20K FL5's to match the FK8 volume are delusional. It will be a mix of the FL5 + ITS to make up the 20K volume.
I honestly wouldnā€™t be surprised if FL5 + ITS ends up being more than fk8 volume. The reason I say that is Honda knows it underproduced FK8s since they were selling with a markup before markups were common. I also think this makes sense since theyā€™re making way more Fl5s for japan than they did FK8s.

Negitoro7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter beater currently
I have a deposit down for an ITS, and a *likely* allocation for a MY 2025 Type R.

As of today, it would be a tough decision if the ITS came in first, whereas I would grab the Type R without hesitation if my allocation were offered to me while Iā€™m still waiting for either.

While the ITS will be objectively the much better (street) car for my needs, the heart wants what the heart wants; Iā€™ve lusted after a Type R for decades. Also the FL5 will likely be vastly more exclusive and rare in the grand scheme of automotive history (in North America).
Sponsored