• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 possibly last year for 11th gen Si?

kimmie255

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda 3
Based on rough researching and knowing a guy working for Honda, I have a suspicion that 2024 might be the last model year for the current gen of Si. I heard that the SI isn’t on the list for the upcoming 11th gen facelift. Take this with a grain of salt, since there hasn’t been any official announcement, but I think it is possible that 2024 might be the last year for the 11th gen SI(maybe the last ICE Manual SI, even). What’s everyone’s opinion on this?
Sponsored

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Believe it when I see it. The problem with going to all electric is still that most countries do not have the power infrastructure to support it. They are selling every Si that is built at this point so I don't see them discontinuing it until they stop building ICE vehicles completely. It probably will still go on as an Hybrid or electric model and finally get some version of an automatic trans.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I could see a hybrid being introduced at some point, but with it will probably go the manual as well. But figure the pure ICE Si will continue on at least for this full generation before possibly making the change over for the 12th gen.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Believe it when I see it. The problem with going to all electric is still that most countries do not have the power infrastructure to support it. They are selling every Si that is built at this point so I don't see them discontinuing it until they stop building ICE vehicles completely. It probably will still go on as an Hybrid or electric model and finally get some version of an automatic trans.
!00% agree, but like the Type-R, the Si is a relatively low volume car and probably doesn't make Honda a ton of profit. I can see them discontinuing the Si while keeping the Type-R as their halo sporty car. Focus sales on Sport, EX, and Touring as their Civic models offered. Heck, they've axed the LX and replaced it with the Sport as their entry level Civic offering.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Honda has zero plans to get rid of the Civic Si anytime soon. They have one of the highest turnover rates of any model Honda currently offers, they generate relatively large amounts of media exposure, their racing programs are generally Si-based cars.

The Integra would not exist if the Si was going to be cancelled soon. If anything the Integra cements the Si in Honda’s lineup. It allows Honda to sell an automatic Si without diluting the Si brand and the Integra costs almost nothing extra to make, so it represents a greater profit margin than the Si.

No facelift for 2024 is quite fine. Not a single person that owns a Si is complaining about the styling, at most they miss the heated seats and some of the features the Canadian model gets, but the Canadian model Si has always been better equipped than its US counterpart.

The Si is gonna be around after 2024.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
Honda has zero plans to get rid of the Civic Si anytime soon. They have one of the highest turnover rates of any model Honda currently offers, they generate relatively large amounts of media exposure, their racing programs are generally Si-based cars.

The Integra would not exist if the Si was going to be cancelled soon. If anything the Integra cements the Si in Honda’s lineup. It allows Honda to sell an automatic Si without diluting the Si brand and the Integra costs almost nothing extra to make, so it represents a greater profit margin than the Si.

No facelift for 2024 is quite fine. Not a single person that owns a Si is complaining about the styling, at most they miss the heated seats and some of the features the Canadian model gets, but the Canadian model Si has always been better equipped than its US counterpart.

The Si is gonna be around after 2024.
Exactly - more volume = more profit, so cutting the Si and keeping the Integra loses them money.

People worry about 11th gen being the last - don't worry - by the end of this gen, the world's view of EVs will have changed drastically. You'll have rolling blackouts, the end of free charging, much higher electricity prices, and the end of EV subsidies as broke governments try to cut costs.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
People worry about 11th gen being the last - don't worry - by the end of this gen, the world's view of EVs will have changed drastically. You'll have rolling blackouts, the end of free charging, much higher electricity prices, and the end of EV subsidies as broke governments try to cut costs.
EV's are a maturing and evolving technology. As automakers learn how to make an efficient EV, prices will come down and will be more accessible to the general public. Charging and power grids are another hurdle which will take the help of state and the federal government to create the infrastructure to handle the transition from ICE vehicles to EVs.

Most people don't remember, but one of the first personal portable computers (Compaq) cost over 8k in todays money. How much does a laptop cost today?

-Jamie

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
EV's are a maturing and evolving technology. As automakers learn how to make an efficient EV, prices will come down and will be more accessible to the general public. Charging and power grids are another hurdle which will take the help of state and the federal government to create the infrastructure to handle the transition from ICE vehicles to EVs.

Most people don't remember, but one of the first personal portable computers (Compaq) cost over 8k in todays money. How much does a laptop cost today?

-Jamie
Moore’s Law doesn’t apply to EVs. But the problem isn’t at all that EVs are expensive, it’s that electricity isn’t free or clean, despite what many EV fans seem to think. Look at Germany right now, they shut down their nuclear power and built a bunch of windmills and solar panels that don’t work in winter. Now they just had to reactivate all their coal power plants and are now the dirtiest polluter in the world. This is the future of EVs, now that the era of cheap oil and easy money is over.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
Moore’s Law doesn’t apply to EVs. But the problem isn’t at all that EVs are expensive, it’s that electricity isn’t free or clean, despite what many EV fans seem to think. Look at Germany right now, they shut down their nuclear power and built a bunch of windmills and solar panels that don’t work in winter. Now they just had to reactivate all their coal power plants and are now the dirtiest polluter in the world. This is the future of EVs, now that the era of cheap oil and easy money is over.
Germany is facing an energy crisis not due to EV's but because Russia is limiting the amount of natural gas it's exporting to Germany due to the war with Ukraine. Germany is shifting its imports of NG from other countries mainly Norway, the Netherlands, and even the US. And yes, electricity can be produced cleanly-the solar panels I put on my roof a few months says so. I realize the panels have to be manufactured, which in turn requires energy and resources to produce, but for the next 25-30 years (life of the panels) my demand from Dominion Power will be pretty close to zero.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I wonder how many gen 10 Si's they built each year.

I have a feeling they hardly built any of the MY2022 Si's due to the supply chain nonsense, and MY 2023 may not be much better. Hard to imagine axing the Si after so few were built.

OGGsr

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2022 Civic Si
I wonder how many gen 10 Si's they built each year.

I have a feeling they hardly built any of the MY2022 Si's due to the supply chain nonsense, and MY 2023 may not be much better. Hard to imagine axing the Si after so few were built.
The number of 2022 Civics built and sold were down almost 50% from 2021 due to supply chain issues. I'd be interested to know production numbers as well for the Si.

Last edited:
First Name
Teja
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2024 Civic Hybrid Owner
I could see a hybrid being introduced at some point, but with it will probably go the manual as well. But figure the pure ICE Si will continue on at least for this full generation before possibly making the change over for the 12th gen.
Honestly, the discontinuation of the Civic Si doesn't really matter to me because I'm a CVT/Auto driver myself.
I'm just waiting for that 2024 Honda Civic Hybrid Touring to be mine on my driveway to go joyriding every single day.

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
That would suck if that were true. My son owned a 10th Gen Si and I've extensively driven the 11th Gen (best friend has one). I think the shift action of the Si is even better than the Type R. Makes daily driving so engaging and fun.
Sponsored