• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I see.

I think you need to act immediately. Contact your dealer tomorrow and get a firm answer from them on a 2023 car. If they can't do it demand a refund and put money down on a bigger more reputable dealer ASAP.
Yeah, trying to get a dealer to lock you in, even with a deposit, and with no information confirming the release date, is a bad idea. These dealers donā€™t know anything, and if they are willing to take a deposit that early, itā€™s out of greed, and more than likely has nothing to do with them actually knowing anything. Thatā€™s just my personal opinion, some people may know dealers they can do that with, but itā€™s probably very rare, and more to do with someone having a good personal relationship there.
Sponsored

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Yeah, trying to get a dealer to lock you in, even with a deposit, and with no information confirming the release date, is a bad idea. These dealers donā€™t know anything, and if they are willing to take a deposit that early, itā€™s out of greed, and more than likely has nothing to do with them actually knowing anything. Thatā€™s just my personal opinion, some people may know dealers they can do that with, but itā€™s probably very rare, and more to do with someone having a good personal relationship there.
Its not a bad idea when you consider we should be able to make ~20k on each CTR if the car market stays crazy like it is. Limited production car. Hell there are 2020 CTRs listed for 55 to 65k in my city lol

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Seriously? How is it a bad idea? They dont lock you in, rather, you secure the car and its refundable.

Greed? Its deferred revenue until the car is actually sold.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Its not a bad idea when you consider we should be able to make ~20k on each CTR if the car market stays crazy like it is. Limited production car. Hell there are 2020 CTRs listed for 55 to 65k in my city lol
Why canā€™t people be more level headed? Hearing people say stuff like this just sucks. But idiots pay.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I think someone was told to delete the initial post!

Good or bad news you think?
Probably dosent change anything at this point. But I find it pretty funny people claim to sit in Honda cooperate meetings and then go ahead and post confidential information like that lol. My employer would fire my ass in a heart beat if I did something like that.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Probably dosent change anything at this point. But I find it pretty funny people claim to sit in Honda cooperate meetings and then go ahead and post confidential information like that lol. My employer would fire my ass in a heart beat if I did something like that.
I totaly agree with you! This is why I think is more a marketing stunt more than anything else. Type R target market are hot headed, driven by passion. It will trigger urgency for many.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
I feel for everyone waiting on their 2023. Hope you get your Honda!

I am sure this gen will be a great finale to the ICE Type R's. No doubt after this it will be a hybrid, if not electric. Sigh.
Hope I am wrong.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
When the FK8 dropped they were acting like it was gonna be the rarest carā€¦ my plate number is in the 47,000s donā€™t let the idea of rarity get to you so you overpay

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Long time lurker here. Confirmed the numbers for Canada with my dealer. I've been sweating all week thinking my dealer that I am on the list for would be small and not get any allocations. They are getting 5 for the 3 year run, I should be good! Super excited to make this my first new car purchase.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I'm allowed to say whatever I want after sitting at a Honda corp meeting lol. I signed a disclosure, there are things I can say and can't say that would jeopardizemy job

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
that's what i was thinking initially, that's breaching confidentiality agreement getting fired is there last that could happen being sued is a bigger risk .. anyway went to the dealership Ontario GTA where i put a deposit back in Oct 2021, the sales manger didn't confirm any numbers and told me it would be a limited production car, no surprise there and i am guessing he is going by what he saw for the LE and factoring in supply shortages... but was told no official info was provided yet so i guess that debunks the secretive meeting with the 546 magical number... now they walked me through how this works, basically they only have a system to take orders, there's is no list at least not with Honda... when the car opens up for ordering.... every dealership that took an order in will submit theirs to the manufacturer. so deanship A had 4 orders and dealership B had 7 let's say. Based on dealership size and sale volume Honda the manufacturer would fulfill those orders, and says here you go A you get 2 and B you get 4 ... not the full order but some of it depending on availability and quantity ....dealership C however may have had only 2 orders and Honda says here you go will give you 2... the full order. Now internally each dealership will know ok i am getting 2/4 and the other one is getting 4/7 and they will start calling the customers who placed the orders. They do that based on earliest date. So it's possible technically if a customer ordered the 10th gen CTR 2 years ago and never got it, to get called first....the customer can yes i want it or no thanks i moved on and the dealership will go through its orders sorted by date earliest first... doesn't really matter how much deposit you put down because that's all internal... they did say that bigger higher volume selling dealership would be allocated more and for the most part we are in the GTA or major cities, no offence but i doubt Nunavut would be getting any, at the same time bigger GTA dealership might get it's orders before say Brantford or Cornwall or some of the smaller towns... again that's me reading between the lines of what the sales manager said with him boasting his dealership being one of the top 5 in Ontario... basically was told to sit tight and wait and since you have an order you should be ok... and they anticipate deliveries to not happen before spring it summer of 2023 and it makes sense it's impossible, regular crv and civics are being delayed 3-6 months sometimes.... lastly in terms of markup and ordering extra as ons or registering the car to sell as used and tag another 15k on top is not happening here... at least with this dealership the customer pays msrp + taxes+pdi and small fees that you get with any brand new car ... so yeah

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
^^ Hard to speculate on what exactly is happening

The dealer I am working with said they had also heard the 546 number. I am inclined to believe that this is a real thing.

There was some confusion as to exactly how many cars they were getting, or when. I think they were given some general guidelines for how that will work, but it probably hasn't been fully sorted out yet.

All I know it it is putting a serious damper on the fun of watching a new car you've been set on for a while roll out. IMO there is no reason this should be this limited by Honda. They put in all of this R&D and toned down the styling so it will appeal to the masses, why are they not capitalizing on it?
Sponsored