• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!!

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
That’s the concept but it’ll look almost identical. The TLX lost something from concept to production but not much. IMO it looks better than the TLX... but I’m probably just saying that because I was hoping for a hatch.

A manual makes some sense in the Type S but arguable the DCT makes more since the CTR already ticks that box and none of the other three Type S models have a manual. I’d be shocked if there are no manual Integras at all but only pleasantly surprised if the Type S gets one.
It’s not the concept it’s the production version just of a rendering.
Sponsored

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
It’s not the concept it’s the production version just of a rendering.
Ok I’ll play… it’s not a rendering of the production version, it’s a rendering of the concept.

S2000Forever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000
This photo's perspective is way off, the real thing is going to look much different than this. The base Integra will have the same engine as the Si with possibly a bump in power and the Type S will be the Type R 2.0 with a similar output but maybe a few more ponies. Let's not overthink this thing, at the end it's about the dollars and cents, doesn't cost much to change the styling and put a new badge on, see my quick rendering below...
11th Gen Honda Civic Acura Integra Confirmed by Acura to be 5 door!! Integra-Type-S-Renderin

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
This photo's perspective is way off, the real thing is going to look much different than this. The base Integra will have the same engine as the Si with possibly a bump in power and the Type S will be the Type R 2.0 with a similar output but maybe a few more ponies. Let's not overthink this thing, at the end it's about the dollars and cents, doesn't cost much to change the styling and put a new badge on, see my quick rendering below...
Integra-Type-S-Rendering.jpg
lol yeah no it’s going to look different. The one I posted is the production version.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
lol yeah no it’s going to look different. The one I posted is the production version.
Are you saying the OP image is the production Integra? Thought it was a concept? Is it a drawing or a photo of a real car?

I already like the Civic hatch so I'm sure it'll look good, all the current Acuras look good to me.

If either one comes in a manual I'll trade my Si for it.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Are you saying the OP image is the production Integra? Thought it was a concept? Is it a drawing or a photo of a real car?

I already like the Civic hatch so I'm sure it'll look good, all the current Acuras look good to me.

If either one comes in a manual I'll trade my Si for it.
rendering of the production model.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Integra-Type-S-Rendering.jpg
Looks accurate to me. It's the civic hatch with Integra taillights....just like the mule.

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Thank you and I respect that! Tell me what are your thoughts would love to hear.
My thoughts? Well, I was already uncertain about getting a new Civic SI or a hatchback...both seem to be too much of a compromise IMO. SI probably wont have the feature set I want and its a sedan...ST has more content but the color selection for the 6MT is limited to 3 basic colors. At this point I dont see me going for the Civic at all. This Integra is the last shot. I do like the styling that's been previewed so far...though I worry about how assessible the rear door will be since the hatch opening sits up so much higher than the opening on the Civic Hatchback but that's not a major concern.

Basically me going with an integra will depend upon price, feature set and rather or not the Type S offers a manual. Even if it doesnt I'll likely get one if I like the looks inside and out. I just pray that Acura has done away with its stupid touchpad and outdated infotainment.

At this point I dont see me buying a Civic Hatchback at all...its a bit too compromised for me. Just like *That* my interest in the Civic has died.

I'm ready for some more spy shots.

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (BB)

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I like it! I'm super excited to see this car when it's fully revealed. I will say that I'm still hoping for a coupe variant (which hasn't been ruled out yet, and makes total sense it would release later than the core 5 door version that will sell more, but still hopeful), but I have zero issues with this 5-door coupe-like body style either and would happily have it over the new civic hatch. The 1.5T uprated to around 225-230hp paired with the 8-speed DCT would be awesome and have a 6-speed manual on offer (at least on certain trims, mainly base model and A-spec if I was going to guess)

Things I noted from the sketch:
- Definitely a more style over function approach compared to the civic hatch... not only does the back slope even more dramatically than the civic, the bottom of the hatch appears to be at a much higher point, better for style, less so for lifting things up into it. But that makes sense for this car. I expect the cargo space to less than the civic hatch due to these styling changes, but still better than a traditional trunk.

- Not sure the frameless windows will make it on the production model... the spy shot we saw has what looks like window frames, either way I don't consider these a pro or con IMO.

- The beltline of the car appears higher than the civic making for narrower windows and a slightly less "open and airy" greenhouse, again, that makes sense for this model. The height of the back decklid also appears to be a bit higher than the civic to help with the coupe-like shape.

- The new taillights definitely have Mercedes vibes to them, and I definitely like them better than the civic hatch, but I kind of prefer the more geometric design of the other acura models to these more organic shapes, but they're attractive none the less.

- The shape and creases of the rear definitely has last gen RSX vibes to it, especially with the small hand notch just below the hatch lid.

Regardless of future coupe variant or not, I am very excited for the new Integra and if the pricing is right (in combination with the features and performance) I will totally pick this over the civic hatch.

OP
OP
TigerEyeJazz

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
According to Jalopnik tho.....they say that (the one you posted yesterday) was in fact, a China-only version, different from the one Acura posted yesterday, which will be for us.

Sounds weird but it looks like the world is getting multiple different versions of the Teg.
See the article here: https://jalopnik.com/2022-acura-integra-this-isnt-it-1847759326
Yeah it’s completely different from our market. China has two versions of Honda which is why the Civic is already sold there but the Integra is just restyled version of the already sold in China.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
This looks promising, basically a better hatchback than the Civic with either 1.5T or 2.0T variants. Obviously over 30K I'll probably save up my money for awhile(like 5 YEARS) and consider this esp. if there's a manual version.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
My thoughts? Well, I was already uncertain about getting a new Civic SI or a hatchback...both seem to be too much of a compromise IMO. SI probably wont have the feature set I want and its a sedan...ST has more content but the color selection for the 6MT is limited to 3 basic colors. At this point I dont see me going for the Civic at all. This Integra is the last shot. I do like the styling that's been previewed so far...though I worry about how assessible the rear door will be since the hatch opening sits up so much higher than the opening on the Civic Hatchback but that's not a major concern.

Basically me going with an integra will depend upon price, feature set and rather or not the Type S offers a manual. Even if it doesnt I'll likely get one if I like the looks inside and out. I just pray that Acura has done away with its stupid touchpad and outdated infotainment.

At this point I dont see me buying a Civic Hatchback at all...its a bit too compromised for me. Just like *That* my interest in the Civic has died.

I'm ready for some more spy shots.
Yeah man I agree with most of that too.
Honda found ways to castrate the 11th gen by limiting colours for the Si and kinda disappointing to see the cars are slower.
i personally feel the 11th gen is way too “ generic and mundane“, I see them on the road and honestly they look almost invisible in traffic. So bland.
I remember the days when civic used to be more fun looking, more sporty looking, more youthful and daring than the accord. Today, it’s basically a accord.
Now that there isn’t no S2000, there isn’t no Prelude, heck there even binned the coupe….. this is worst time to make a boring looking civic.

Maybe I’m old and bitter but 11th gen is a hard pass for me. I’ll stick with my 19’ CTR and wait for the future hybrid/electrified power trains. Anyone buying a ICE only car in the next few years should probably wait.
Sponsored