• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any UK people on here?

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
That's guesswork and speculation on the part of the dealer. Given the US and JPN pricing, £45K Sterling is a bit rich IMO. I know the pound is weak at the moment but taking that into consideration, plus the fact that shipping to the UK from Japan is cheaper than Japan to the US, it should come in at less than £45k.

If that were to include the service plan and extended warranty then I would consider it a bit more of a fair price but still more than it should be.

$43,990 USD is around £37,500 GBP right now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
Just spoke to a large dealer re pricing and he is pretty certain it will be £45k
If so thats 13k more than I paid for my 2019 FK8 which I am still very happy with. Plus the silly car tax for 5 years!
I will need a test drive to convince myself its worth it.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
The price is not releaved offically. I just got a response email from Chisiwick Honda that there should be an update this month, which was supposed to happen in September.
Yes I know, it was still speculation but he seemed more informed that others I've spoken too. Also I just can't see them showcasing the car on top gear without them being able to say how much it is.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
If so thats 13k more than I paid for my 2019 FK8 which I am still very happy with. Plus the silly car tax for 5 years!
I will need a test drive to convince myself its worth it.
You will have zero hope of a test drive, dealers will be 3-5 cars max and they will all be customer cars. Doubt there will be a demo car available anywhere.

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
Gonna be really tough to decide if there are no test drives.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Gonna be really tough to decide if there are no test drives.
We will have a lot of reviews by then, including Top Gear and some veryt extended test drives in the Us, such as Savaggeese as posted on here. TBF, I bought my first FK8 in lockdown without a drive.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR
If it's 45k or more, then I'd probably need to sell my S2000 to justify it and I'm not sure that wouldn't come with regrets further down the line.

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
You will have zero hope of a test drive, dealers will be 3-5 cars max and they will all be customer cars. Doubt there will be a demo car available anywhere.
People said the same about the GR86, there will only be around 450 cars in the next 2 years coming to the UK. I secured a car with a 1k deposit last April & will get a test drive next week.
I suspect there will be more than 450 FL5,s coming to the UK.
I test drove 3 FK8s before buying & expect a test drive in the FL5.
If you have a deposit on a car it's subject to a test drive or your money back.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
People said the same about the GR86, there will only be around 450 cars in the next 2 years coming to the UK. I secured a car with a 1k deposit last April & will get a test drive next week.
I suspect there will be more than 450 FL5,s coming to the UK.
I test drove 3 FK8s before buying & expect a test drive in the FL5.
If you have a deposit on a car it's subject to a test drive or your money back.
Let me know how you get on, I just can't see test drives happening if dealers are only getting a few cars. Also not happening in the states and they are probably getting a lot more cars and us

BOOSTFAN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, MX5
Let me know how you get on, I just can't see test drives happening if dealers are only getting a few cars. Also not happening in the states and they are probably getting a lot more cars and us
What the Dealers in the US get away with is truly shocking.
I will be very surprised knowing UK Dealers in the past if the top man in the dealership doesn't want an FL5 to run around in for a few weeks, which becomes the demo car.

drac

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, Legacy GT, 996C4S, Elise, AMV8V, A6 3.0BiTdi
I’m in NZ, I’ve have a 2500GBP deposit against a confirmed CW car which will arrive in Feb. Price $72,000NZD out the door. (About 37,500 quid at todays exchange. )
They have told me the NZ press/dealer demo will be here in 4-5 weeks and I can have it for an afternoon. No reason why Honda UK couldn’t do something similar.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Talk of it being £49k from someone who knows a reliable source. That would be insane

Ulti-Resis

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R GT
I’m in NZ, I’ve have a 2500GBP deposit against a confirmed CW car which will arrive in Feb. Price $72,000NZD out the door. (About 37,500 quid at todays exchange. )
They have told me the NZ press/dealer demo will be here in 4-5 weeks and I can have it for an afternoon. No reason why Honda UK couldn’t do something similar.
That sounds much more realistic.

£45k-£49k is just getting out there. Porsche Cayman territory.

Zero7

First Name
Avtar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Stop speculating , the price will be revealed soon
I’m not the one doing the speculating, just got this no from another group from someone who worked at Honda and has some good contacts. It’s rather intriguing, not long to go now.
Sponsored