• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone Done Horns Yet?

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
So the stock horn is dog shit as everyone knows and I’m really interested in upgrading it because, in my experience, Washington State has some of the worst drivers on earth.

I feel like the options are the following:

1) plug and play with something like the Accord units which I’ve seen some info on (seems east enough but I’d rather go a bit further if I’m going to do it)

2) adapters from College Hills Honda and then install something basic not requiring a relay (least interested in this option)

3) get the adapters then install some Hellas with the relay (I really want to go this route and would love if I could mount the grill horn to peek out a bit, but I’m a novice when it comes to wiring)

I’ve read a bunch of people say the relay isn’t necessary, but I’d rather not have electrical issues down the line. Any advise or insights would be appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
The European FL5 gets a different horn that Honda sells as an accessory for the JDM model could look into that
Oh yeah I forgot about the JDM Euro Horn option. I actually know someone that has people in Japan, may give that a shot.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
I have the JDM Euro Horns installed on my FL5.. made a huge difference in output and sound Output a bit better than the Accord Horns IMO. :coffee:

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I have the JDM Euro Horns installed on my FL5.. made a huge difference in output and sound Output a bit better than the Accord Horns IMO. :coffee:
Do you have the part number so I can have someone in Japan scoop it? Or is there an easy way to order JDM stuff?

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Nevermind, found your other post. Was thinking if I’m going to go for it I’ll do the JDM lighting stuff too. I saw those part numbers but if you could share the ones for the horns and also the upgraded footwell and seat lighting kit that would be amazing.

OP
OP
machimself

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Here is the part numbers for the horns a foot/ under seat lights.

DD9C67A4-9D65-4764-BB97-A0BD37B9C087.jpeg

F2B56C36-9503-4A0E-AA60-338161B24036.jpeg
You’re a rad person. Thank you. Are the footwell lights a big difference from the USDM ones?

dt10g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT (Canadian)
10th gen here...
The College Hills single Wolo horn upgrade kit was a great purchase.
The Wolo isn't necessarily louder, just the tone is better.
I like it better than either of those Euro horns that Dream (civictyperparts..) sells.

My car is set to honk when I lock it and the stock 10th gen horn was annoying AF.

The new Wolo is much less likely to make someone want to punch you in the face if they are walking their shopping cart past your car when you lock it. That said, if you are looking for that experience... you could always go Hella's ... ;-)

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re a rad person. Thank you. Are the footwell lights a big difference from the USDM ones?
You are welcome, the foot & under seat lights add a bit more that what the OEM puts out and looks very nice :thumbsup:

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Are there any videos comparing these horn sounds?

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DId you have someone bring them in from Japan?
brother in law works for Honda Japan so when the wife was over there A few weeks ago she picked them up for me.