• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Apexi vs Spoon exhaust FL5?

Skrish78

First Name
Shank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Hi my fellow Type R addicts, could you please help me choose the better exhaust. Apexi cost 3K with Front pipe while Spoon cost 4200. All i care is quality and zero Drone!!!. Please help
Me choose.
Thanks
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
At this time, I'm not sure anyone will be able to help you on this one. Besides, that Spoon exhaust came out last week. There are few people running aftermarket exhausts to provide you with the insights you'd need to aid in the decision making process. I also cannot recall anyone on this site with these exhaust systems.

Your best bet is the following: 1) Take the leap based on photos, videos, and discussions with the manufacturer; 2) Wait it out for these exhaust systems to be in wider circulation. Discuss with the owners and see if a local can give you a ride or at least let you hear it in person; 3) Focus on the known exhaust systems like Milltek. There are at least two members running that system.

Good luck and let us know which way you decide to go.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
Black, less to keep clean. PPf. and ceramic...ain't cheap if u want it done right.....I'm in the don't wash your car process of that mess...lol..purchased on December 14th and just hit a whopping 587 miles....I'm in the midwest......R-01047...I've been on this site since last Oct/Nov...but thanks......again.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Black, less to keep clean. PPf. and ceramic...ain't cheap if u want it done right.....I'm in the don't wash your car process of that mess...lol..purchased on December 14th and just hit a whopping 587 miles....I'm in the midwest......R-01047...I've been on this site since last Oct/Nov...but thanks......again.
Nice! I ppfd and ceramic coated mine as well, same up here In midwest. Have 3.8k on mine, put some high perf winter tires on and couldn’t resist. :drive:

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where midwest I'm in Illinois for now.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm in Illinois and yourself?

Rad Ray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Clark_Kent made sage remarks with which I concur. I would add that, in my opinion, Spoon products tend to be overrated across the board. Few products seem to be manufactured by Spoon but rather come from other resources. Apexi products have a reputation for high quality and the ones that I've owned were outstanding, but so were Spoon's. My $0.02 is that brand name isn't as important as ultimate quality, but some just like having a certain name for the perceived status it garners.

UJX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type-R #2479
You ppf'd your exhaust? I didn't even know that was a thing. I would think it would melt.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if worded it wrong , the car not the exhaust .

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I went with Milltek, and couldn't be happier.
20230412_132542.jpg
Welcome to the club. Enjoy the overrun at about 3k rpm. Such a good exhaust!

what tips did you pick?
It's the best sounding exhaust on the market right now for the FL5 IMHO. I'm certain you both agree:). I'm not interested in an exhaust for the FL5; however, I would be very intrigued if a Ti version of this exhaust were available.

jdOTFL5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR #0995 CBP
Curious if anyone has spoon sound clips as well.. all the spoon videos ive seen are them revving it inside of Type One which is limited by the 3k rev limiter. I want to hear it on the road and see it going before i spend $4200 on spoon tax. as far as the topic of spoon goes, I honestly love the setup they have for the fl5 too bad everything is going to cost 4k+ a piece.

OP
OP
Skrish78

Skrish78

First Name
Shank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FL5
Curious if anyone has spoon sound clips as well.. all the spoon videos ive seen are them revving it inside of Type One which is limited by the 3k rev limiter. I want to hear it on the road and see it going before i spend $4200 on spoon tax. as far as the topic of spoon goes, I honestly love the setup they have for the fl5 too bad everything is going to cost 4k+ a piece.
Exactly, crazy expensive, i’m sure its the best quality Compared to others, theres only one video and it doesnt do the justice at all, looks very attractive that’s it. Apexi sounds deep throaty, the bass i’m looking for cost 2500 without frontpipe, hope its tolerable drone. I preordered it, ETA mid june.