• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

FC3xAP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
I have a Apex Blue/Red interior TLX Type S on order that's my backup. If I get really impatient I'll buy an RDX A Spec for the wife and drive our CR-V until I can get my hands on an FL5
11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? 1662079336769
Sponsored

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I have a Apex Blue/Red interior TLX Type S on order that's my backup. If I get really impatient I'll buy an RDX A Spec for the wife and drive our CR-V until I can get my hands on an FL5
1662079336769.png
I like it. We are debating a lower spec of the same car.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Tlx type s is probably one of the most disappointing cars of the past few years. For the money you can get a rs3.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I have no backup. Its Type R or bust for me. The GRC is cool but its honestly just way too small for me. The Supra is cool too but too expensive and I don't like the seating position because Im and 6'2" that huge pillar on the sill would TKO upon egress and ingress.

No other cars interest me honestly. The upcoming M2C looks really cool but thats just way out of my budget.
I’m also 6’2” and I sat in the Corolla hatch. It’s fine up front but behind the drivers seat is like 4” of legroom. I could probably deal with it since I’ll usually have 3 people not four (picking up kids from school). But 4 people no way.

So while the Type R is my second choice I might choose it just so we can use it on trips. I expect the next gen GRC will be bigger.

I have no backup, nothing that seats 4 is remotely interesting except maybe a CT4 Blackwing. IS500 for sure if it had a manual.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
I'm not even planning on getting a FL5 until a few years later. My first goal is to get a GRC (Morizo, Circuit, core w/ PP in order of preference). After I get the Corolla then I will think about the FL5.
The GRC may be harder to find than the FL5. If it starts around $36k, it’s a no-brainer. Just wish they‘ll make a crap ton instead of 6600 total (1500 Circuit, 5100 Core).

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
An Audi RS3 he says..

Just because the money is the same doesn't mean It's something we would cross shop. We have needs a 70k Golf can't satisfy.

I'm mostly talking shit. It's her car. She can get whatever she pleases but she doesn't lease. So you can miss me with every German luxury make after that.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The GRC may be harder to find than the FL5. If it starts around $36k, it’s a no-brainer. Just wish they‘ll make a crap ton instead of 6600 total (1500 Circuit, 5100 Core).
And what are the people saying regarding ADMs on that?

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
No backup plan. I want the Type R but don't need it. I may consider the Integra Type S if it's manual and available in 2023.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
I have a deal in place but if the 2 colors I want are not available in my dealers allocation I'll keep waiting. There is no modern vehicle in the 40-60K range that interests me or suits my lifestyle (family of 4).

I would quickly abandon this forum if I got an Integra. They seem to be more relaxed on that forum anyway... ;)

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ GRC CE, 23’ Civic Si (Sold), 14’ Evo X GSR
If my leads fall through, I'm going to grab a 23' Si (hopefully its a thing) that I'm first in line for at a dealer and wait until a TypeR at MSRP pops up later on down the line when the initial hype dies down. The TypeR is not worth the extra markup to me.

I need a car to replace my 07' Corolla 4AT with 159k mi on the clock that the wife hates and is falling apart. I've got an Evox as a fun car for now.
Sponsored