• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Backup plans - what's yours?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
If my leads fall through, I'm going to grab a 23' Si (hopefully its a thing) that I'm first in line for at a dealer and wait until a TypeR at MSRP pops up later on down the line when the initial hype dies down. The TypeR is not worth the extra markup to me.

I need a car to replace my 07' Corolla 4AT with 159k mi on the clock that the wife hates and is falling apart. I've got an Evox as a fun car for now.
To all the people, ā€œ waiting for it to drop to MSRPā€ā€¦ unless you find a rare MSRP only dealer, and they havenā€™t already reserved them all, good luck. This car is never going to be readily available at MSRP. Mark my words.
Sponsored

AlpineBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Civic Type R, '09 335i, '23 Kona N
Heres my list if I can't get the new CTR:

-GR Corolla
-GR 86
-low mileage FK8 CTR

I thought of maybe going to a low mileage Veloster N or a Golf R but I got a hard time seeing myself with a non-japanese car.
Nice list. I have a deposit down on the GR Corolla, but I'm 20th on the list so who knows when they'll get to me or if I'll still want it by then. Considered the GR86 as well, but ended up canceling that deposit for a '23 and decided on a new Veloster N instead. Never thought I'd own a Hyundai šŸ˜… but here we are. Flying out Sat morning to pick it up.

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Toyota Camry... If I'm giving up on life I might as well go without my dignity as well.
Hilarious šŸ˜‚

I have a Apex Blue/Red interior TLX Type S on order that's my backup. If I get really impatient I'll buy an RDX A Spec for the wife and drive our CR-V until I can get my hands on an FL5
And I totally forgot about this car. Hard parts for me are the smaller interior room for the body size, and the interior center stack isn't really my thing. Exterior design is GORGEOUS though, and their colors are stunning, especially that blue!

citrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CZ4A, Abarth 500, ZZW30, ND2 RF
We don't have a backup plan. Our cars now are already really nice, so we'd just keep driving them.

I wanted a GRC really bad before, but I fell off of that pretty fast after seeing more of it. Whole thing feels and looks kinda glued on, even if the drivetrain is pretty interesting.

As for everything else, I've test driven pretty much everything new south of $70k and I hate all of it for one reason or another. Haven't tried GR86 or the new Z yet, but I can't live with either of their interiors anyway.

Last edited:

jinnrice

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic type R champion white
I been searching for the 992 GT3 last year. I wouldnā€™t pay the 100k markup. Now the gt4 RS they want 125k markup. Now who knows the GT3 RS mark up will be. So my back up is the FL5. Also the new BMW M2 is a good back up.

Mmkk111

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Iā€™m going to chill and let all the craziness settle. I just got an MDX Type S for the wife and I picked up an ā€˜03 Silverado SS in great shape as a project truck to play with. Maybe Iā€™ll get a boat to pull behind it and look for a Type R a few years from now. Itā€™s getting out of hand.

Also waiting to hear what Acura does with an ITS šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. I was excited for the CTR, but itā€™s going to get worse before it gets better, so time to do other things in the mean time. I love the new CTR, but Iā€™m not paying $60K for a civic.
11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? 7B6EB1D7-D3E1-4C61-8B78-0FB7F311549D

OP
OP
Toprarnen

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
The realistic takes on here are somewhat painful šŸ˜…. Just glad to see that most of us are at a good place all things considered, in terms of not "needing" another car.

Hope all of our current vehicles take us through these crazy times, and we can find our Type RS, Integras, or other alternatives in time.

That said, my favorite so far has been @TrackS response: giving up his dignity for a Camry šŸ˜‚

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, JL 392XR, 981S, F430
Backup would be to keep my 392XR for a little longer. If it pushes out a couple years maybe a G80 M3. Like others Iā€™m not paying a mark up so I am fine waiting. I would do the PPF option if I had too but other then that itā€™s a no.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Donā€™t people think getting that will be just as crazy? Iā€™ve noticed a lot of people have said this, as if the Type R will be crazy to get, but instead theyā€™ll get the easier Type Sā€¦ maybe thatā€™s just how I see it?
Does anyone have confirmation that a Type S is even going to be produced ? I haven't seen anything that confirms this but maybe someone else has?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Does anyone have confirmation that a Type S is even going to be produced ? I haven't seen anything that confirms this but maybe someone else has?
Thatā€™s just it, especially on YouTube, they talk like is a foregone conclusion. And they seem to think itā€™s gonna top the Type R somehow, with no evidence of it. I personally think even if it does come, it will be tamer than the R.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5
Thatā€™s just it, especially on YouTube, they talk like is a foregone conclusion. And they seem to think itā€™s gonna top the Type R somehow, with no evidence of it. I personally think even if it does come, it will be tamer than the R.
They're probably gonna give it softer suspension and add more lush interior material with the same engine and transmission (ofc) and charge you $20k more for it šŸ˜©

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
11th Gen Honda Civic Backup plans - what's yours? 98CB0933-13FB-4834-AF30-B450570F0C29
Sponsored