• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Be careful...

ThirtyHz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2016 Ford Focus
I took delivery of my BOP '22 Si on 03/23/22 and drove it a few days, took it to work, etc. Well, after working night shift on 03/27/22, I get out to my car, sit down inside, close my driver door and BAM! the front passenger door window shattered. It was only 22F outside. Car only has 475 miles on it. Definitely defective glass... I take it to Honda, explained the situation, they took it in, gave me a loaner, and they are waiting to hear from Honda if it will be warranty. I read on here about someone having a weak windshield. Maybe this means all the glass on these is weak. Who knows, but I will flip my lid if they make me pay for a new window. So let this post be a word of warning I guess. Not much that can be done to prevent the failure of defective tempered glass, but just wanted to share my trials and tribulations with everyone. I will update once the dealership hears from Honda and they relate the message to me.

On a side note, my loaner is a '19 Civic Touring sedan... the 11th gen interior is WORLDS BETTER than the cheap feeling 10th gen interior. IMO
Sponsored

jsocks014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Following, good luck. Hope the dealer does right by you.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
It's covered unless they find a damaged door. non-OEM window air deflector, or evidence of a chipped window.
(They'll likely cover it no matter what as long as the OP isn't disrespectful.)

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I'm pretty sure they'll fix it for free but if they say no I'd take it to Safelite, no would I pay a dealer a single dime.
Nice to know Honda made the 11th Gen interior so much better.
The first year of a new model can be rough.

OP
OP
ThirtyHz

ThirtyHz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2016 Ford Focus
Okay here is the scoop, the window is being warrantied. Although, the glass is on backorder. I am being told by the dealer they are "trying to have it expedited", I take that with a grain of salt. But my personal glass guy said they same thing about that glass being on back order so I know they aren't yanking my chain. They provided me a 2019 Civic Touring sedan as a loaner. So far, I am pleased with the service from McGrath Honda Elgin here in Illinois. @SDAlexander8 you have a point my man lol.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Somewhat related, my passenger window seems to catch when you use the one touch up. so it shoots back down thinking it closed on an arm/hand. Haven't been to my dealer yet for it though.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Somewhat related, my passenger window seems to catch when you use the one touch up. so it shoots back down thinking it closed on an arm/hand. Haven't been to my dealer yet for it though.
You can usually reset the auto-limits, not sure if you’ve ever done it. I’ve done it with 9th and 10th gen civics by manually rolling all the way up, then hold the auto-up there for 10 seconds. Then manual all the way down and hold auto down for 10 seconds.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
You can usually reset the auto-limits, not sure if you’ve ever done it. I’ve done it with 9th and 10th gen civics by manually rolling all the way up, then hold the auto-up there for 10 seconds. Then manual all the way down and hold auto down for 10 seconds.
I do that every time it happens. You can watch where it hangs up so its an alignment issue.
Sponsored