• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What color do you think best suits the FL5?

• Total voters

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
This discussion on SGP remind me of the "Dress" ! 🤣🤣🤣

Human eyes are different so...to each its own ;)

The_dress_blueblackwhitegold.jpg
LoL very good reference. As long as I don't see it in person, I'm none the wiser lol. At this point I'll take any colour (I really don't want BB though). I can't stand light blue shades.
Sponsored

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
LoL very good reference. As long as I don't see it in person, I'm none the wiser lol. At this point I'll take any colour (I really don't want BB though). I can't stand light blue shades.
I agree with you on light blue shades. For my eyes BB is at the edge...for exemple, the N blue of Hyundai, is too light for my taste.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I agree with you on light blue shades. For my eyes BB is at the edge...for exemple, the N blue of Hyundai, is too light for my taste.
It's very nice to look at, in small doses I can appreciate it. But to own it, that's a bit too much for me haha.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
I was driving behind a SGP car today for a good 20 mins in bright sunshine 2:00 EST (peak sunshine hours) no clouds. Not once did I see the green tint show up at all I was staring at it from 20+ different angles etc.

Could the green tint come from some kinda detailing products or some kinda UV degrading of the paint?

I literally passed the SGP car, went to the side of it, infront, back behind none stop for 20 mins. Guy musta thought I was retarded.

Have also seen a few SGP FK8 at lots and gas stations, saw 0 green tint to the paint. Not sure what to make of this. I just thought it looked fucking amazing in person.
I agree, it really is not that pronounced. On overcast days it looks even better. Im not sure what is driving the perception difference.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
My take is in a sea of white, gray and black, this bb bad boy will pop - i love it. Can’t wait for better pics.
Well said! I'm also tired of all shades of white...

My 2017 FK7 is PMM 😅

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
My take is in a sea of white, gray and black, this bb bad boy will pop - i love it. Can’t wait for better pics.
I normally love blue, the Lapiz Blue on the mk7.5 Golf R was one of my favorites ( I even bought one lol).

I just don't like baby blue hues. For some reason, not sure why. I guess I just naturally prefer darker colors.

Dark violet, midnight purple is my all time favorite (is that cliche? Haha)

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Just saw another boost on the way to work and in the sun it was much darker / more vivid than the pics here. I conclude something was off with the pics taken and at bad angles.

Reactions: Z3N
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Just saw another boost on the way to work and in the sun it was much darker / more vivid than the pics here. I conclude something was off with the pics taken and at bad angles.
Roger that! Will seek one out in person, post my thoughts.
I'll take pics, then compare/contrast how it looks to the eye.

Last edited:

OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Reposted from Facebook. This shows the details of the wide body and the sculpted hood.

this thing is f***king gorgeous in CW

36F3E760-B9D2-43DC-BCDD-334C286A91EA.png
going straight to page 8
great shot!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
A matte or satin ppf (yeah i know “he mentioned ppf again”) would really bring those lines out.

Reactions: Z3N
OP
OP
Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Yup, no enthusiast would deny PPF and Ceramic being great options to consider 👍

Tokyotexan

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Evo 5, 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS coupe
If I go with the CTR over the GRC, I'll be going with SGP. Fell in love with the color so much, I did a full color change on my Mirage converted Evo 5... It is more of a greenish teal than anything... Beautiful color though.
Don't mind the unfinished rear over fender nor wheels. The car is now finished with paint and body and new wheels will be going on soon. Check out my IG @evil_evo5 for more pics of the paint.
11th Gen Honda Civic Best Factory Color - 2023 FL5 Type R 📸Updated Pics📸 IMG_20220623_091505_421
11th Gen Honda Civic Best Factory Color - 2023 FL5 Type R 📸Updated Pics📸 IMG_20220823_095534_780
Sponsored

Last edited: