• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Canadian dealer asked what colour Type R I want

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Enjoy for all of us @POPNTEC!

Curious, how much are you paying for insurance? I haven't started asking but wondering what it would be for the GTA.
Based on my FK8 days you pay a bit more than a regular civic. To be honest the Type R kinda confuses the systems.

Insurance has rates for mass produced vehicles mostly. They don't really write for one offs like Raptors, TRXs, Type R's. Just pay more cause the car is more value.
Sponsored

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
I had a dream last night that someone stole my FL5. Also now that I’ve had it a few months I realize just how lucky I am to have gotten one so early in the game! How lucky I am to have gotten one at all. I really hope Canada gets a nice flood of cars this spring cause I actually feel guilty being the only one around here with one.
Enjoy it to the max and yeah keep her safe

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
everyone should get faraday pouches or boxes for any car. Canada is becoming a third world country, and they have insiders facilitating cars passing on ports
i have one but recently heard ram or f150 trucks getting stolen with the fob inside a Faraday box...i guess that's just one measure we should have multiple for example, get a club and me personally thinking of removing the fuel relay so car don't even turn over

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
question for those that got their FL5 already, did it come with wheel lug nut lock ?
No. It's an accessory. I ordered some from College Hills but I'm not sure I will run them from because of how they look.

sam3r_11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
No. It's an accessory. I ordered some from College Hills but I'm not sure I will run them from because of how they look.
thanks for confirming, just to clarify, are they the black lugs listed on Honda's main site under accessories, i just wanted something to drive away with before I use up the rubber and go aftermarket wheels and get lugs that go along with it

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
They seem to be all in Western Canada, specifically BC and AB. Abbotsford Honda I think is one of them with an SGP Type R.

I was kinda hoping to see all the new Honda models at the Toronto Auto show in a few week, but Honda, VW, Mercedes and more aren't showing.
Sponsored