• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Chassis Braces

E90076

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, M5 CS, M2 CS, 992 GT3
Anyone installed Cusco or other chassis braces to their FL5 yet? If so, any noticeable benefits or unwanted NVH?
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I recall a few have installed strut tower braces. Run a quick search and you'll find them.

Samurai1225

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I installed the Cusco strut bar. No NVH but I can't really feel a difference in handling either. To be honest I've never felt much difference in handling with strut bars. They look cool though.

dandaman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 RDX, 2023 Type R
I installed the Cusco strut bar. No NVH but I can't really feel a difference in handling either. To be honest I've never felt much difference in handling with strut bars. They look cool though.
Modern unibody structures are so stiff already that they are really just bling parts.

A lot of progress has been made since the 90's civics were out when you could actually feel some difference with these parts.

ABPDE5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Modern unibody structures are so stiff already that they are really just bling parts.

A lot of progress has been made since the 90's civics were out when you could actually feel some difference with these parts.
Agreed. The only one I can imagine might be impactful would be a rear strut bar. The front struts are more or less built into the firewall, which is far more substantial than any strut bar you can tack on top.

Imped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 Golf R, ND2 Miata
Chassis braces will not increase NVH. In almost all cases, they reduce it.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
I would look at the type r so far from the limited edition, fk8 and fl5. I think it more of a nice to have mod. But I would like to have how a strut bar with brake brace. I always enjoy a firmer brake pedal feel

Imped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 Golf R, ND2 Miata
I would look at the type r so far from the limited edition, fk8 and fl5. I think it more of a nice to have mod. But I would like to have how a strut bar with brake brace. I always enjoy a firmer brake pedal feel
I just installed a 27WON strut tower brace. I previously owned a Mk7.5 Golf R and noticed an immediate difference in the strut tower brace - no more creaks when entering/exiting a driveway, improved steering feel/precision.

I notice less of a difference with the Type R, which was expected, but it's still a brace that I enjoy having in place, as I know it's doing something. The brake pedal is strong as hell in this car, so even with the brace in place I haven't noticed a difference. With that said, we know firewall deflection is a thing so that brace is doing something, as well.
Sponsored