Websitesdown
Senior Member
Alas, nobody reads.
Thanks for the well-wishing and for being a commie hater.
Communist, they love helicopters.
Sponsored
Alas, nobody reads.
Thanks for the well-wishing and for being a commie hater.
Thanks for reading my thread, man. Good to know that people still read! I used to post stuff like this on LinkedIn, and I realized I could get away with a bunch of wild shit because... nobody reads until the end of the post.All that said, I love the thread and enjoyed the journey. I appreciate the willingness to step back and change directions when you have the conviction to do so. I think you’ll have trouble with new cars in the future. Hybrid setups are heavy and not performance oriented.They aren’t better than what you’re driving now in terms of driver engagement. See the newest NSX, which is a heavy beast and far worse than the previous generation in terms of engagement.
I think you may love an S2000 or a 911 or Cayman. I also think an FK8 or FL5 or a GT-R could satisfy you if you get past the “parking lot anxiety” and all that.
Just drive the car. There’s nothing so special about an FL5 that I’d worry any more than with an Si. Both can be easily repaired or replaced if necessary. I don’t care about cosmetic issues, scratches, door dings. It’s a large machine that I drive so it’s going to have wear and tear.Let me ask you a question: You've driven so many cars, how do you enjoy your cars worry-free? I could afford a C8, but there reasons why I haven't purchased something more expensive or powerful: I prefer slow car fast, my use case, etc.. The biggest is the anxiety would be too much for me (same with FL5). How do you just let go with your cars and not worry?
Whatever you spend on a car, it’s going to depreciate, unless you buy something like an S2000 or E46 M3, where the values seem to have stabilized. I just wouldn’t worry about it if you can afford the car in the first place.Right now, the only solution I've thought of is to have some XXX% of wealth above the value of the car so that it becomes "insignificant" to me financially. Throw away money, so to speak. FL5 is ~$50k, I need ~$500k. 296 is $333k, I need $3,333k (probably more). But that'll be a long time coming.
Anything from Nikon, Sony, Canon is better than a phone camera when paired with a decent lens.I never got into photography. What's a good starter camera that goes beyond my Galaxy phone?
Sorry, my cat posted some thoughts about me and my cars. Reading his post just shows what a 2 year old cat knows about cars. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but he makes some dumb points. Turbo Hondas are better than the high-revving engines of the 90's? Come on, easy troll bait spotted, I ain't even mad. Talking shit about my new BRZ, saying it doesn't have AWD like a real Subaru? Bro, do you ever see yourself running on hardwood floors? You're the one who can't take corners, not me.Meow meow meeeow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meeowm meeeow meow!
...
Meow,
Barry
| # | Song | Artist | Theme / Notes: | |
1 | Sun King | The Cult | Introducing our protagonist: a young man, cocky | |
2 | Sunshine - Extended Mix | Moon Boots, Lyric Jones | He dances in a nightclub | |
3 | Make A Move | Winston Surfshirt | He eyes a pretty girl dancing | |
4 | Ice Cream | Winston Surfshirt | Their first date | |
5 | Little Bit Of Love - No Suits Remix | Magic City Hippies, No Suits, Antwaun Stanley | Their second date | |
6 | Fallin In Love | Duck Sauce, A-Trak, Armand Van Helden | Their third date | |
7 | Down for You | Cosmo's Midnight, Ruel | He meets her friends and other such responsibilities | |
8 | Relationships | HAIM | Feelings between them start to grow | |
9 | SUMMER | BROCKHAMPTON | They spend their first night together | |
10 | Pillow Talk | Yung Bae | Post-coitus glow | |
11 | Lifetime | SG Lewis | Telling her he loves her | |
12 | Loving Is Easy | Rex Orange County, Benny Sings | The ecstasy of a budding relationship | |
13 | Real Love - Club Mix | Sleepy Tom, Ngaiire | She goes to the club with her friends | |
14 | At Night - Edit | Shakedown | An infidelity occurs! | |
15 | Really Love | Loaded Honey, Lydia Kitto, J Lloyd | She says, "There's someone else..." | |
16 | The Warmth Of The Sun | The Beach Boys | Sunset at the beach | |
17 | Lonely Bottle Interlude | Magic City Hippies | - Interlude - | |
18 | Like cleopatra | Babe Rainbow | Denial (the joys of single life!) | |
19 | Lonely People | Magic City Hippies | Shock (when he realizes what happened) | |
20 | 150 More Times | Neal Francis | Bargaining (he pleads for her to come back) | |
21 | Easy Lover | Philip Bailey, Phil Collins | Anger (screw her!) | |
22 | Sage Time | Amine | Post-nut depression | |
23 | Tell Me What It Is | Tyler, The Creator | His heart rended open | |
24 | Water Slide | Mcbaise, Kamggarn | Copious amounts of drugs and alcohol ("Taking Copium") | |
25 | Waited All Night - Solomun Remix v11 | Jamie xx, Solomun, Romy, Oliver Sim | He goes for a risky drive at night, numb ("Fuck It, Let's Drive") | |
26 | Ocean Drive | Miami Nights 1984 |
| |
27 | I Need The Answer | Durand Jones & The Indications | Coming down ("Was It Even Worth It?") | |
28 | Say Your Prayers | Neal Francis | He forgives her | |
29 | She's Gone, Dance On | Disclosure | Sunrise at the beach, acceptance of loss | |
30 | White Horses | Wolf Alice | Driving into the country, unsure of who he is, what he wants | |
31 | Ghost in the Machine - feat. Robert Ivory | Logic, Robert Ivory | He reminds himself of his worth | |
32 | MAN ON THE MOON | BROCKHAMPTON | He makes peace with her // She's Gone, Dance On (reprise) | |
33 | Farewell Youth | The Menzingers | Humbled, he matures, wiser than before | |
34 | Lookers | The Menzingers | Credits song: He sees her from afar a while later and reflects on their time together |