• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Color Wanted vs Color Getting

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Hi, I am new to this forum and have a quick question for you folks. Are most people that had put an order in for the Type R and requested a specific color, getting what you wanted ? Unfortunately I know Honda sends them what they want, as we all know. Lol. I wanted a SGP and getting a Championship White. I guess I am going to have to get in better shape, so I can clean it everyday! Enjoy your new cars.
Regards
Sponsored

Last edited:

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Hi, I am new to this forum and have a quick question for you folks. Are most people that had put an order in for the Type R and requested a specific color, getting what you wanted ? Unfortunately I know Honda sends them what they want, as we all know. Lol. I ordered a SGP and getting a Championship White. I guess I am going to have to get in better shape, so I can clean it everyday! Enjoy your new cars.
Regards
So you can’t “order” these cars. Sure, you can tell your dealer what color you want, but they have no say so in that, it seems. Feels like they just hope for allocations to pop up.

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Honda doesn't do orders. You can place a deposit at the dealership (if they let you) for a specific color. The service manager sends it up to the regional manager and if the dealership gets an allocation you could get it.

But Honda will just throw whatever color at dealerships

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
If you're lucky, the dealer will do a dealer trade for the color you want but with such limited production lately of Si and R's you basically only get the color you want if you are right place right time.

OP
OP

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Thank You, for the reply’s. I get all that and maybe I should have worded my thread differently! Something like, are you happy with the color you are getting vs the color you wanted! I wanted a SGP and getting a White Car. That’s all I am asking. But thank you again for all the input.
best

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
I used the Finder Tool in one of the threads in the forum (it's a few threads down) to find the colors I wanted, then contacted those dealers. I wanted SGP originally, but I also wanted to get a non-greyscale color. The only one I wasn't keen on was black, so I'm stoked either way.

FK8JIN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A91 Supra, Focus RS, BB FK8, BB FL5
I would've been ok with any color except Rallye Red but even that's starting to grow on me from the videos I've seen on YouTube. Fortunately, I'm getting the actual color I wanted.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I think I got exactly the color I wanted...

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I want red. White is nice too. May be getting a white.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Lol. I wanted a SGP and getting a Championship White. I guess I am going to have to get in better shape, so I can clean it everyday!
Uh, white is the easiest color to keep clean. Surprising to some but it is. Other light neutral colors like sand and silver are too. It's mainly dark colors that are a pain.
Sponsored