• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Color Swap

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
So the dealer I'm working with has a white one coming in and I'm first on the list. I'm at least going to see it, before saying no. I have a VIN number and I plunked down a deposit to hold my spot. I was wondering how hard is it for a dealer to locate another color car and swap. Dunno I could tolerate white but it's by far my first choice. I'd prefer Sonic Gray or pretty much ANY color but Red or White. So I feel like I could possibly have options lol.
Sponsored

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
White is a preferred color by most so I'd imagine if you called your dealer he'd be able to maybe swap it with other area dealers, but ya never know with how things are going lol.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Dude your first in line. Just pass on it and wait for the next and the next. Take whatever color you get by the 3rd year

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
So the dealer I'm working with has a white one coming in and I'm first on the list. I'm at least going to see it, before saying no. I have a VIN number and I plunked down a deposit to hold my spot. I was wondering how hard is it for a dealer to locate another color car and swap. Dunno I could tolerate white but it's by far my first choice. I'd prefer Sonic Gray or pretty much ANY color but Red or White. So I feel like I could possibly have options lol.
Iā€™m getting a boost blue one that I do not want that color. I want white. Trade?

OP
OP

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I'd be down but I'm in NY state though how would that even work lol....Also I signed the buyers order so It's probably too late but I'm ok keeping white unless there is actually a way this could work out smoothly haha...

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I'd be down but I'm in NY state though how would that even work lol....Also I signed the buyers order so It's probably too late but I'm ok keeping white unless there is actually a way this could work out smoothly haha...
yea itā€™s a bit far but if youā€™re interested maybe we can try to figure it out? Iā€™m picking up mine this afternoon. I will say the blue looks way better in person than I had anticipated, but white is still my first love lol

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Ive been told by my dealer that dealers have been told no trades.

OP
OP

Patch_San

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
I don't get this part lol
"Dunno I could tolerate white but it's by far my first choice"
Well it's simple, I can logically reason with having a white car, but am very lazy about washing a car over and over lol... So white is kinda viewed as a high maintenance color in my book. Yes so is black but I go for dark colors usually that's all.

15 GTI was black, TLX is black, my FK8 was grey(not the sonic) 18 SI was grey, I could go on I just prefer a dark colored car because I'm lazy about car washes but I guess that's over haha.

I think my last bright colored car was an 04 maxima that had about 160000 miles on it and was silver. Oh also my late Grandma had a white 84 Camry I called the white stallion. So this car could be a tribute to her since she loved my FK8.

Hope that gives you some insight lol.

ncryptm3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
How do you do that without selling it and paying sales tax?
Honestly Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™ve never done a straight trade. But I will research the laws and such. Maybe we can sell the cars to each other for 5 bucks šŸ˜‚

Bennychan723

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX (Euro R Conversion)
Well it's simple, I can logically reason with having a white car, but am very lazy about washing a car over and over lol... So white is kinda viewed as a high maintenance color in my book. Yes so is black but I go for dark colors usually that's all.

15 GTI was black, TLX is black, my FK8 was grey(not the sonic) 18 SI was grey, I could go on I just prefer a dark colored car because I'm lazy about car washes but I guess that's over haha.

I think my last bright colored car was an 04 maxima that had about 160000 miles on it and was silver. Oh also my late Grandma had a white 84 Camry I called the white stallion. So this car could be a tribute to her since she loved my FK8.

FAIR lol

Bergman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR86

He's refering to the fact your grammar suggest "white is your first choice by far over the other colours". When in fact you mean it is far from your first choice.

Good luck on your search, Grammar Police Out!

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Is there was a reasonable way to trade SGP for BB I'd be happy to do it. But I'm not sure how it'd work unless both parties paid cash foe their vehicles then sell it to each other for 1$ on title or something if that's something you can even do.
Sponsored