• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

23 Sonic Gray FL5 wheel choice/color help

DSAINJERSEY

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 TYPE R
Hello everyone, with winter looming and my new car indeed to swap to 18"s like most of us. My car isn't lowered, yet and am looking at 18x9.5 rims nit too deep of an offset. Due to the color and car I'm having a really hard time deciding. All inknow is I dont like the TE37. Given my color do you think the Volk ZE40 or CE28 or Advan Rp-Fz wheels in the blue color? I can't decide and haven't fell in love with any wheel. I think the blue may look good but I don't want to make a $4k mistake. Any other options you may have are appreciated. Also any pics of Sonic Gray with aftermarket wheels are much appreciated. I don't know and am asking y'all besides black, or the above blue, do you think either bronze or the dark gray wheels will look good. I just hate going to Titan who made our OEM wheels just to buy the same rims in 18. Same with Apex I know both make split 5 spoke but spending $2500 for similar wheels in a smaller size makes my brain itch.
Sponsored

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I'm not a fan of 18s on this car, but I would look at bronze and dark grey or gunmetal. CE28N+ or Mugen MF10 in the aforementioned colors compliment the many shades of SGP. If you're open to black, I would wait for the 19" Spoon SW388.

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
The good thing about SGP is that pretty much any wheel color from your choices will work. Personally I’d choose something with a higher gloss finish, so I’d avoid the satin colors. Reason being no matter what you do, there’s gonna be a ton of CTRs running Volks, but they are less so in finishes that have a higher level of gloss

OP
OP

DSAINJERSEY

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 TYPE R
I'm not a fan of 18s on this car, but I would look at bronze and dark grey or gunmetal. CE28N+ or Mugen MF10 in the aforementioned colors compliment the many shades of SGP. If you're open to black, I would wait for the 19" Spoon SW388.
Im looking to get 18s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Hello everyone, with winter looming and my new car indeed to swap to 18"s like most of us. My car isn't lowered, yet and am looking at 18x9.5 rims nit too deep of an offset. Due to the color and car I'm having a really hard time deciding. All inknow is I dont like the TE37. Given my color do you think the Volk ZE40 or CE28 or Advan Rp-Fz wheels in the blue color? I can't decide and haven't fell in love with any wheel. I think the blue may look good but I don't want to make a $4k mistake. Any other options you may have are appreciated. Also any pics of Sonic Gray with aftermarket wheels are much appreciated. I don't know and am asking y'all besides black, or the above blue, do you think either bronze or the dark gray wheels will look good. I just hate going to Titan who made our OEM wheels just to buy the same rims in 18. Same with Apex I know both make split 5 spoke but spending $2500 for similar wheels in a smaller size makes my brain itch.
My FL5 is also SGP. I looked at 20 different wheels, and settled for Enkei Triumph's in 18" matte Bronze. On Fitment Industries they have an FK8 with that combo and it looks really good. I would love some Volk's but just didnt want to spend that. Those blue wheels do look great too!

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5
Your car, your money. Get whatever you want. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP

DSAINJERSEY

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 TYPE R
My FL5 is also SGP. I looked at 20 different wheels, and settled for Enkei Triumph's in 18" matte Bronze. On Fitment Industries they have an FK8 with that combo and it looks really good. I would love some Volk's but just didnt want to spend that. Those blue wheels do look great too!
Can you post a few pics of what your car looks like with the bronze wheels question mark I having a hard time seeing that combination but it may look great

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Can you post a few pics of what your car looks like with the bronze wheels question mark I having a hard time seeing that combination but it may look great
Will do, the wheels are being processed and I will likely swap them out Nov 1. Go to Fitment Industries and search Enkei Triumph, you'll see an SGP FK8 that has that combo

Bazgab

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Honda Civic Type R
I am trying to think ahead for the eventual set of wheels I will get so this question has been on my mind. I typically love bronze or gold wheels but some reason I just don't like the look on SGP.

Any type of black wheel or dark grey looks good but I don't personally want to go that route since the stock wheels are satin black. I wish I had never seen a SGP FK8 w/ white Regamasters as it pretty much cemented that I want to go with white wheels. I have had white wheels before so I realize the upkeep but thankfully coatings have come a very long way since my last set of white wheels so while still a pain, it is a lot better than it used to be.

Pic of the FK8 I referenced:

11th Gen Honda Civic 23 Sonic Gray FL5 wheel choice/color help fk8-regamaster-6-

OP
OP

DSAINJERSEY

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 TYPE R

Will do, the wheels are being processed and I will likely swap them out Nov 1. Go to Fitment Industries and search Enkei Triumph, you'll see an SGP FK8 that has that combo
Will do