• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
For $200+ these just don't seem good enough to me. Like I said I can get alloy ones for a Miata for that money, pretty sure the CF ones I had in my NA were less. The plates for the rear doors shouldn't even count towards cost - they literally must cost $5 max to make.

In these pics only the small one has had the plastic film removed. Not sure if I want to install these or wait/look for better. They look OK, I don't hate them and the grain is a perfect match as you'd hope I guess.

Haven't found directions for the lighting part, if it's a PITA I'll probably skip these and wait until I can find some alloy or CF ones.

IMG_3586.JPEG

IMG_3587.JPEG

IMG_3585.JPEG
Here you go.
Sponsored

Attachments

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I got the door sill trim/lighting installed by my dealer. I can understand the complaints regarding cost/quality, but at the end of the day I think it’s a nice touch and looks good. Really that’s what it boils down to. To each their own. If it gets scratched up and looks bad over time, I’ll replace it with something better.

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Yeah, I just watched that video... and no thanks. Way too much work pulling stuff apart for the lighting - kinda lame Honda didn't just leave some ready-to-go plugs for an easy install.

I think I'll just buy some generic Mugen or something and sell these on.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Finally found the Missing "item" to the JDM carbon door panel covers :wave: ...
Finding the part number for this thing was a total PITA! like 3 months of emailing people and talking to shops ect ect...

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods FL5 LHD Carbon center console cover

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods FL5 LHD Carbon 3

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods FL5 LHD Carbon 2

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Finding the part number for this thing was a total PITA! like 3 months of emailing people and talking to shops ect ect...

FL5 LHD Carbon center console cover.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 3.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 2.jpg
Oh man! How much was this thing?

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Can you find 08F05-T60-600? Those are "EDM" carbon door sills. I gather they were crazy pricey for the FK8.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you find 08F05-T60-600? Those are "EDM" carbon door sills. I gather they were crazy pricey for the FK8.
Yeah I saw those and I was wondering why the hell do they cost more than the Lighted door sills...:confused1:

I only know of one shop that might be able to get those.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

FL5 LHD Carbon 3.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 2.jpg
I have mine otw from France. I will vouch, was an absolute PITA to find

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I just got the illuminated door sills in the mail and man are they cheap. Just some black plastic strips really - very disappointing. For the money I was expecting metal or at least something that felt reasonable quality. For a 1/3rd of the price you can get aluminum OEMs for a Miata.

Not sure if I'm going to put them on... guess I'll mock them up and see what I think.
Good looking out. I was on the fence on these as they looked plasticky in the Honda pics but was waiting to hear from somebody before getting them

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

FL5 LHD Carbon 3.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 2.jpg
Can you share where you got this from or a part number? Seems you put a lot of work in to find it so understand if you don’t want to.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you share where you got this from or a part number? Seems you put a lot of work in to find it so understand if you don’t want to.

I don't mind :wave:

08Z03-T60-600-A1
or
080Z3-T60-600

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who did you order through? Do they have the door trim pieces as well?
I ordered this through my brother in law who works for Honda Japan.. so he had to source it from a dealer in the Netherlands ship it to Japan then to the US:crazy:
I know TEGIWA has the door trim items on their site… and I have seen an alternate part number as well for the center console cover too on the site.. I would email them and see if they have the ability to source this item… since I started this over 3 months ago… I think there has to be a better way to source this item than the way I did LOL:banghead::doh:

jchall30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I ordered this through my brother in law who works for Honda Japan.. so he had to source it from a dealer in the Netherlands ship it to Japan then to the US:crazy:
I know TEGIWA has the door trim items on their site… and I have seen an alternate part number as well for the center console cover too on the site.. I would email them and see if they have the ability to source this item… since I started this over 3 months ago… I think there has to be a better way to source this item than the way I did LOL:banghead::doh:
Good deal. Thanks for the help. Crazy how much this stuff is. lol.
Sponsored