• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

CTR Initial Mods

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Quick question for those who have done the alcantara shifter boot swap: should I go JDM or Overland Designs? Looks like Overland Designs will require me to pull staples on the OEM boot and then staple the new one in and JDM had some install issues to deal with because its for right hand drive. Also not sure if I need a new shift collar/ring with the Overland Designs one.
Sponsored

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Quick question for those who have done the alcantara shifter boot swap: should I go JDM or Overland Designs? Looks like Overland Designs will require me to pull staples on the OEM boot and then staple the new one in and JDM had some install issues to deal with because its for right hand drive. Also not sure if I need a new shift collar/ring with the Overland Designs one.
If you get the full boot and collar setup from overland you won't have to pull any staples. Just remove center console clips, undo knob, and unscrew the boot & replace. If you get the full boot setup, it will come with a new collar that you can keep as-is or swap out for acuity or w/e your choice is.

Looks like he is sold out rn, but he will get more. I checked daily until I saw in stock and he was sold out minutes after I ordered mine.

11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods Screenshot_20230409_115556_Gallery

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
If you get the full boot and collar setup from overland you won't have to pull any staples. Just remove center console clips, undo knob, and unscrew the boot & replace. Looks like he is sold out rn, but he will get more. I checked daily until I saw in stock and he was sold out minutes after I ordered mine.

Screenshot_20230409_115556_Gallery.jpg
Looks like you have the side console trim too! How are those treating you, I was thinking about picking them up as well.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Looks like you have the side console trim too! How are those treating you, I was thinking about picking them up as well.
They are great, highly recommend. Nice little touch to classy it up 💅 and replace that plastic. I have been talking to him about sending my b-pillars and dash in to have wrapped as well (in addition to the a-pillars he has on the site).

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
They are great, highly recommend. Nice little touch to classy it up 💅 and replace that plastic. I have been talking to him about sending my b-pillars and dash in to have wrapped as well (in addition to the a-pillars he has on the site).
I might wait for him to get the full boot back in stock. Sure, more money, but it'd make swapping back to stock WAY easier.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I might wait for him to get the full boot back in stock. Sure, more money, but it'd make swapping back to stock WAY easier.
Agree 100%. I have the boot, collar, and knob on a shelf in the garage. And since I went acuity collar, it truly is a "pull to release" and swapping it back will be a breeze!

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Agree 100%. I have the boot, collar, and knob on a shelf in the garage. And since I went acuity collar, it truly is a "pull to release" and swapping it back will be a breeze!

Which acuity collar did you go with? I was looking at those as well. Also thanks for asking all my very specific questions lol.

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
Yeah I saw those and I was wondering why the hell do they cost more than the Lighted door sills...:confused1:

I only know of one shop that might be able to get those.
I believe these run $500-600! I want sills but I think I need to wait for more options to be available. I'd like something like these but for about half the price.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
Yes I think
I believe these run $500-600! I want sills but I think I need to wait for more options to be available. I'd like something like these but for about half the price.
Yeah with the conversion rate with the Euro came out to about $545.. then add shipping and it just becomes crazy$$$$

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Finally found the Missing "item" to the JDM carbon door panel covers :wave: ...
Finding the part number for this thing was a total PITA! like 3 months of emailing people and talking to shops ect ect...

FL5 LHD Carbon center console cover.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 3.jpg

FL5 LHD Carbon 2.jpg
So this is for LHD right?

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I decided to go JDM in keeping with the OEM/OEM+ approach. The video you posted was super helpful, thank you for that. You will have to trim the JDM boot to fit the attachment points of the USDM frame. The guy in the video mentions it but he does not show it. I'm certain you already know this but the JDM shift boot is NOT plug and play. The JDM boot is a very nice compliment to the alcantara steering wheel.
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG-20230412-WA0000
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG-20230412-WA0001
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG-20230412-WA0013
11th Gen Honda Civic CTR Initial Mods IMG-20230412-WA0012

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
I decided to go JDM in keeping with the OEM/OEM+ approach. The video you posted was super helpful, thank you for that. You will have to trim the JDM boot to fit the attachment points of the USDM frame. The guy in the video mentions it but he does not show it. I'm certain you already know this but the JDM shift boot is NOT plug and play. The JDM boot is a very nice compliment to the alcantara steering wheel.
IMG-20230412-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20230412-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230412-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20230412-WA0012.jpg
Nice work! That looks great!